• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

My 350lb bench press at my weight of 157lbs

O

OldPete

Hey! You got this all backwards. You should weigh 350# and press 57#. LOL :D

Good on ya. At 5'11", 238# @ 60yo, I'd be lucky to press 100#.

H

hot70cc

as you can see i didn't quite have it all the way my arms didn't lock, but that was back in sept, now i'm at 385 i wish i could go back to that day and do it again with the strength i have now. Getting ready for the one in bradford PA in march, beast of the northeast. Last year i did 275 and did it easy, but the next lift i tried 300 and failed. It gets frustrating when you can do a lift at your home gym, then you go to a competition and can't do the same weight.

M

minibiker

wow man im definitly gonna stay off your ****list

Last edited by a moderator:
B

butch27

Man you really arched on that one. Congrats but be careful. 4 ruptured discs later!!

H

hot70cc

have been

I have been training for 5 years! , no strain other than trying to get the weight up, My back is not affected in any way. If some people would understand the bench press they would know that my technique is normal and not a problem. ;)

M

mopedjay

i was talking to my cousin the other day i finally got to talk to him he said he is benching 450

he is in prison 4 year sentence still got 2 years to go i havent seen him but he must be a friggen big ******* by now

i dont bother lifting weights just takes way too much effort

H

hot70cc

i would prolly be doing that much to if thats all i had to do, but thats cool if he could be doing that much, but i'm sure he weighs more than 157lbs. I will continue my goal of 450lbs i will not stop till i reach it, and may even go for the record at 165 open is somewhere over 500lbs. I can't wait

I

ibdennyak

Day before yesterday, I picked up a 1200 pound beam, and held it at about chest level for nearly 15 minutes. Man was I out of breath, had to walk 2 blocks down, and 2 blocks back with the gas can for the forklift. :D