My 4 Stroke Versus My 2 Stroke

S

stowaway

I have a 4 stroke Heushen starfire 50cc Motor on a beach cruiser (micargri Rover) and a 80cc (66cc really) 2 Stroke Gen2 Skyhawk motor on a mountain bike.

I just got my 4 stroke working last night and took it for its maiden run. It has a 50t Sprocket and the 2 stroke has a 44t Sprocket. Wow. The 4 stroke was soo much faster. I didnt have a speedo but I Think i was getting 35mp/h. When I only get 25mp/h on my 2 stroke.

The only issue i have with the 4 stroke is the engine is big. and i dont htink ill get away with it if a police pulls me up and i try and tell him its only 200watts (australias legal limit)

yeah I want to try a 4-stroker, soon, they are bigger but it seems mostly do to the pull start being on it and the big/wide gearbox.With that stuff taken off I wonder how wide they are?

If you get pulled over tell them its a 4-stroke and they appear a bit larger because of all the extra engine components but they polute less.:)

just my opinion
pull start ,auto clutch, faster, cleaner burning ,no fuel mixer,last 4 times longer , and the list goes on ,, then it looks to me that the 2 cycle will be history ,, and i am not talking 5 years from now ,i am talking 5 months ,,now i wonder if i clean up my 2 cycle ,,gift wrap it ,just in time for Christmas,,,,who ????????, maybe my mother in law will take up the hobby ,,,,,,no that won"t work if it breaks down she will be here even more

the 2 cy needs big improvements fast,,,,, ,pull start,auto clutch,less vibration etc.
or by, by, 2 cycle
japat

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still patiently :rolleyes: waiting for a reliable 4stroke setup to be widely available
they just don't seem to be out there
old generations keep popping up, but nothing new

You are right, there are not many out there. There are a few of what I would consider the "good" kits out there, but there is still some risk with going that direction, and they are not inexpensive. It is one thing to take a flyer with under $200....it is quite another to take a shot with over $400.

That being said- I'm taking that flyer, but believe me when I tell you, I understand why someone may want to wait.

Due to the size and wieght of the 4 stroke setup, I dont think there is much chance of 4 strokes taking over any time soon.

my 4 stroke is a LITTLE bit quieter, And defientily faster and stronger, but I still love my 2 stroke. Its small and compact and i feel the way it is mounted is better as well.

I just saw the Huasheng 50 total kit for sale for 259 + 62 dollars shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-4-CYCLE-MOT...ryZ42319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
for under 350 I'd hook that up to a new bike as long as it's no louder than the 2 stroke howell engine.

That looks like the model that some suppliers have recalled due to a crappy gearbox.

I had one on order and Spookytooth would not sell it to me due to problems that previous buyers encountered, which says a lot about his integrity. Thank you Roland.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Due to the size and wieght of the 4 stroke setup, I dont think there is much chance of 4 strokes taking over any time soon.

my 4 stroke is a LITTLE bit quieter, And defientily faster and stronger, but I still love my 2 stroke. Its small and compact and i feel the way it is mounted is better as well.

it interesting to hear your opinion on the 4 stroke that you just set up ,,,, but it will be more interesting to hear your opinion in a couple of months ,,,i am just taking a guess that i think your 2 stroke will be parked ,,i hope you will keep giving us a up to date report since you are one of the early pioneers on this motor ,,
japat

That looks like the model that some suppliers have recalled due to a crappy gearbox.

I had one on order and Spookytooth would not sell it to me due to problems that previous buyers encountered, which says a lot about his integrity. Thank you Roland.
I hear from Roland that Barsanco has the new gearboxes, but won't release them till they have tested all of them (I hope they work well this round)

Back