My 50 Year old Schwinn

this is my favorite bike out of the 3 i have.I call it Oscar, i motored it a little over a year ago, & have put many miles on it since. it is a 1959 Schwinn Tornado, with new wheels, crank, & handle bar riser.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 609
Thanks Guys, I added some bags today. & hooked my trailer up, for a little fishing action. Oscar feels all dressed up, what say you now, Poo ? And this is my favorite fishing buddy, "Skip". He's just a common dog.

You need a White Star on the tank to make it complete!

I like it!

trailer

yes it corners almost any turn that you could take without it. you can almost lay the bike down before it has an effect on the trailer. here a pic of my whole rig. it is a swivel caster, & i used a 5/8 inch swivel sparkplug socket, at the hitch end of the 3/4 inch conduit tongue ,for up & down swivel.

Attachments

• Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 195
Oh man. The bags and tailer take it to a different level of coolness. If you were here, you'd be invited to participate in all the Veteran's Day parades around the island, with yer dawg. We got a large group that restores WWII vehicles that do just that. No bikes, yet, though. I was hoping to get there, but can't find a decent bike to use, here. Oh yeah, then I'd also have to get a correct uniform to wear. :unsure:

Who's this pooj fella? That was totally uncalled for. Some people's children. :confused:

I never said it was, i said it is my favorite.
Anything special about Skip's rawhide chew he's holding in his mouth, or is it "common" to ? My 1952 Cadillac Coupe de Ville is just a common car too. They're a dime a dozen around here. NOT ! Hey man, don't let one snide remark like that about your bike pull you down. I'm sure your old Schwinn will still be on the road when all these newer bikes have long gone to the big scrap metlal yard in the sky. You ride it pal, and be proud of it !

you couldnt ask for a better frame to do a build on! of course a newbie whouldnt know that whould he? stick that in your pooja!!

Back