My 80cc

My 80 cc was mounted on a 26"mountain bike frame. It was an older one so it fit well and the engine mounted without any problems. I happened to have a set of heavy duty rims (worksman) from a tandum project that never got together so I sacraficed the gears and installed the single speed coaster brake rear rim . It has double thick spokes and a wide steal rim so it holds up well to the forces of the drive sprocket. When it came time to cut three or so links off the chain I used a hammer and a large screwdriver and smacked the thing against a brick and it broke apart in two wacks. Not a problem.Everything else seemed to go together well and I had it running that afternoon. The brake in period was to run a tank full of gas with extra oil in it and drive it at half throdle . with that done the next day I let her rip. It will run at 25-30 mph not a problem . Flat out maybe 35 but that is wound tight and I don't recomend it for extended periods. Besides the vibrations get pretty intence and isin't very confortable on the hands. I would say I put 750 miles on it this summer and it starts and runs no problems so far. I get all kinds of looks as I ride and where ever I stop strangers ask about it. Everyone seems to want one and I have a feeling there will be a club in my area by this time next summer. If I had the money I'd start a bike shop building these bikes and sell them. Everyone wants to know how fast and how many MPG it gets and are suprised when I tell them. Then its how much does it cost? well I don't know about you guys but mine was 200 dollars plus 40 bucks shipping from Kings motorbikes for the kit and the bike was free from our local junkyard . I got maybe another 20 bucks in paint and what not. Grand total not over 275 dollars U.S. Oh two new tires on sale at Wal-Mart half price 4.50 each or 9 dollars . Man I spent 300 dollars for car tires this summer. Well I gotta split for now but thats my story and I'm stickin to it. By the way I'm an old gesser I'll be 55 next week. Peace..... Tom in W.V.

Tom

You are a kid lol

we charge 550 with the bike 350 with out the bike

Cookie

Learing is fun

Our first bikes where parts and pces we threw together from the back of Goodwill they where throwing the bikes away so we just scrounged 4 bikes to make one and it was a mess lol but it ran good 8 more bikes and we had 2 more prototypes it was a painful learning process but it was fun
we even got our names and a 2 page article in the local news paper.
Now we use better bikes with less mistakes and better motors.
Cookie

"Quemadmoeum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.") -
Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD).

Back