My back sprocket falls off

Jeramie

Local time
6:29 PM
Okay ... so I added a engine kit to my 26in beach cruiser and everything has been working fine ... the other day I went to ride and the paddles just turned and the tire did not and the rear sprocket fell off ... I put it back on put the ring back on tightened everything up and put the tire back on ... when i went to ride it fell back off again ... please help me ... why does this thing keep falling off?

Okay ... so I added a engine kit to my 26in beach cruiser and everything has been working fine ... the other day I went to ride and the paddles just turned and the tire did not and the rear sprocket fell off ... I put it back on put the ring back on tightened everything up and put the tire back on ... when i went to ride it fell back off again ... please help me ... why does this thing keep falling off?
Kit 44T or stock crank sprocket?

He's talking about the small clutch drive sprocket, the one that has a large flat screwdriver groove in it. The final drive sprocket has lock nuts on it.
I'm not sure that's the problem, this guy might get better responses if he asks in his native tongue. It's quite obvious english is not his first language, and I don't think his translator is working top notch. To the OP, post again in your native language. It might help tons with your issue.
Edit: I think it has something to do with his chain alignment from the output sprocket to the rear wheel sprocket.
the other day I went to ride and the paddles (pedals) just turned and the tire did not and the rear sprocket fell off
Think he means the chain fell off the rear wheel's sprocket.
I put it back on put the ring back on tightened everything up and put the tire back on
I think he means he loosened the rear wheel to put the chain back on and tightened everything back up properly.
when i went to ride it fell back off again ... please help me ... why does this thing keep falling off?
This further sounds like a chain issue. Either his alignment is off, the rear sprocket is wobbly side to side, or wobbly up and down. I think I can bet money on it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure his problem was alignment issues and not bolts backing out. When he said "the rear sprocket fell off" I'm pretty sure it was the chain falling off the rear sprocket.
He was trying his best to ask that question in english, the translator didn't do too well.

Last edited:
Back