My ""Back to the 70's"" Chopper Trike

H

Haggard

WHO CAN NAME THAT FRAME OR TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT IT??? HAVE A GOOD LOOK.
GENUINE AUTHENTIC VIRTUAL TROPHY TO THE FIRST MEMBER THAT CAN

*~~~ " NAIL THAT FRAME"~~~*

Well , that's what I was trying for anyways A 70'S CHOPPER! . Still a few adjustments to make but I feel I'm getting close.
I remember back in the seventies, where I was anyways, a good portion of the bikers wer opting for hard tails , raking them to the degree of insanity and using forks that doubled the length of the bike.
I had a couple sportsters through the 80's and bought a new Harley Evolution Heritage Classic in '91.
Always planned on building a chopper but never did for some reason.
Well heres my chopper.
I tryed to remember the look , attitude and demeanor that these bikes had and this is what I came up with.
It has a Honda 49 cc 2stroke off an 80's Honda Express.
These engines have a spring starter which I haven't seen before.
It looks kinda like a kick start but you just tap it repeatedly with your foot. Has maybe 4 inches of travel .As your tapping it up and down , what it does is wind up a spring. Once you get it wound up , you press a start button which releases the spring ,which in turn cranks over the engine.
Anyways, whatcha think of "Back to the 70's" ???!???

Attachments

• Picture 45.jpg
    Picture 45.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Picture 47.jpg
    Picture 47.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Picture 49.jpg
    Picture 49.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Picture 50.jpg
    Picture 50.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 948
  • Picture 53.jpg
    Picture 53.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Picture 25.jpg
    Picture 25.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Picture 39.jpg
    Picture 39.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,280
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I'm hoping to get a couple of Delta trikes to play with next spring. It's inspiring to see what you've done with yours.

Dats som good 3 wheelin! Looks like a GT iDrive frame??? Engine ???????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I'm hoping to get a couple of Delta trikes to play with next spring. It's inspiring to see what you've done with yours.
This build was totaly 100% inspired by Azvinies Custom Stingray Trike probably close to a yr ago.
amd it still isnt finished . goes to show how nice his is!!

Nice looking trike, I would expect that with long fork set it should handle very nice.

Back