My bike is spitting to much oil from exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos motors

Local time
8:22 PM
My exhaust is spitting to much oil from exhaust. So much that I clean it every 2 days and it always cover my wheel with black oil. I have mini moto exhaust and before I used full synthetic oil and now I use semy synthetic and my oil to gas ratio is 3.5%

This is my bike

Attachments

• 20170623_153429.jpg
    20170623_153429.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 205
going up from 28:1 to 32:1 might help, but this is usually caused by too many short trips during which the muffler and pipe don't get hot enough to burn off extra oil

you probably have too rich jetting. go smaller on the main jet and lower the needle all the way.
the plug should be chocolate brown colored. black indicates way too much fuel.
too lean causes the oil to burn black on the underside of the piston.

Yes both of this is correct I usually go on a 3 4 min trips in town and yes my spark plug is black. I will lower the needle and do I need to buy smaller jet or is there any other solution?

putting a better air filter on it allows more air flow which reduces the gas to air ratio, making it leaner.
other than that just replace the main jet or solder it shut and use micro drill bit to put a new hole there, smaller than before.
http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/jetting.html

This is my current air filter. Do I need better one or.. i will think about that also

Attachments

• zracni-filter-gljiva-mini-quad-dostava-slika-28586859.jpg
    zracni-filter-gljiva-mini-quad-dostava-slika-28586859.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 207
when trying to go leaner, go slowly as too lean can blow a motor in just a few miles - try getting motor, exhaust, and spark plug up to a real operating temp (at least 8 to 10 miles) then look to see what you have - remember those big steel crank cheeks take quite a while to warm up

when trying to go leaner, go slowly as too lean can blow a motor in just a few miles - try getting motor, exhaust, and spark plug up to a real operating temp (at least 8 to 10 miles) then look to see what you have - remember those big steel crank cheeks take quite a while to warm up
Yes i know but thing is that really i think small difference wont make a change because is spitting so much.

It's probably a combination of a little of everything... Oil is being burned with the gas, expect some but having a black plug too? It's hard to say but probably a bit rich and I'd say going to 32 would probably be fine if you lean the motor out just a tad.

To get this as accurate as possible you'd want to follow through with crassius, you can't actually dial in much if the engine is never brought up to spec temps...

If you really only intend to keep these short trips and don't intend to do anything longer than maybe 20 minutes then I'd say get a hotter plug, and get an iridium if possible, the hotter the plug the quicker the piston and chamber temps get up and get to a better burning temperature for these short trips, this way you can kind of cut down on the excessive unburnt fuels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back