Engine Trouble **!! MY BIKE WONT START !!**

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Caleb Allen, Dec 1, 2016.

1. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

that two wire mag is wired OK, but the soldering job doesn't look good - you really need a meter to see if it is really connected and really grounded to engine case

2. Street Ryderz

Street Ryderz Active Member

How is that wired properly when the positive tab from coil is grounded!

3. Caleb Allen

Caleb Allen New Member

My old mag was wired the same way but also had and eye connection

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

these have no positive tab - they are AC

on two wire mags, they bring bottom of coil out the bottom tab

5. Street Ryderz

so then its a single coil ok that makes sense! sorry bud!

6. Street Ryderz

so with out a meter idk what else can help you! I would buy or borrow a dvm and start probing!

7. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

I just have the blue wire going to blue on cdi with one killswitch wire , then black from cdi ground to my bike frame with the other killswitch wire , no black in my magneto case but mine is a 3 wire altho I don't think it matters the difference between 2 and 3 is just the white missing and the black soldered instead of grounding by bolt , it makes no difference where you ground the black from the cdi once it's grounded all good.

8. JONNI

JONNI New Member

you should see a nice blue spark , not yellow...

9. JONNI

JONNI New Member

points not set right, faulty condensor , chk , battery, chk rectifyier unit.. ground.

10. Jonj577

Jonj577 Guest

Nobody said the spark should be yellow?

11. JONNI

JONNI New Member

12. JONNI

JONNI New Member

how about the plug wire/ HOW ABOUT THE KILL SWITCH? OFF OR ON? TRACE IT BACK WITH A METER...

13. JONNI

JONNI New Member

THE RUST NEEDS TO BE SANDED OFF .. FINE SAND PAPER...

14. gary55

gary55 Active Member

Dudes the last time the OP was on here was dec. 2. Giving it's been three months don't you think he probably has it fixed by now.

15. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

His username is in caps mode.. This type of behavior should have been expected.

16. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Woah! there was nothing wrong with his coil as wired before he messed with it.
    Just because you have never seen one doesn't make it a mistake or wrong.

All my coils have been coming like that for a long time. It is an improvement.

There is no white wire.
    Blue goes to CDI
    Black goes to CDI and also goes to the body of the coil.

17. gary55

gary55 Active Member

Woah? This point was also established Dec. 2 post #25 with a apology. You know like 3 months ago.

18. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did not see the 2nd page until after posting...............

19. JONNI

JONNI New Member

10-4 roger

20. JONNI

JONNI New Member

i love to put bikes back from vintage, broken to on the road and screaming! I just got the same bike out of nevada. 2010 for 150.00 seized engine.. I dropped the motor put in a monster scooter 50 cc manuel clutch motor , wired it up in 3 hours flat! RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! except i now need to do the wheel bearing change , brakes burnt like a crisp! Hee haw. 5 wire stator .GREEN IS GROUND< BLACK IS COIL , WHITE ACCESSORIES< YELLOW LIGHTS< RED IS ignition.. THE OTHER 5 smaller wires,purple , pink, green stripper is gear shift indicator light.yellow and blue. these are cdi, speedo, blinker, battery charger. the diagram is at HOOPERS IMPORTS fyi