Engine Trouble **!! MY BIKE WONT START !!**

Caleb Allen

Local time
3:16 AM
I have been given a motorised bike to fix and got it running perfectly, then I come back 4 days later of not riding it and the bike was really hard to start and then stopped working. So I tested the spark on the top of the cylinder head and had no luck. I brought a new magneto, a new cdi and a new spark plug, but it still won't spark. When I ride the bike I hold the clutch in, petal, let go of the clutch, I know that the pistons are moving and that the bike has compression. Inside the magneto case there is rust on the magnet that spins and I'm not sure if it is effecting the ignition. Could someone please help me!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 213
if you think there is no spark, then hold plug in hand with hand against motor and turn it - if you feel spark, then look elsewhere like is plug wet or dry

BTW, I don't see a ground wire on your mag in that pic

Try it without the kill switch tied in. Also I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but make sure the wires are connected correctly.

if you think there is no spark, then hold plug in hand with hand against motor and turn it - if you feel spark, then look elsewhere like is plug wet or dry

BTW, I don't see a ground wire on your mag in that pic

I have tried holding the spark plug and haven't been shocked and I bought the magneto and noticed that too, would you recommend I attach my old ground wire from my old magneto

Disconnect killswitch and double check the other wires are connected correctly then try again. Had multiple killswitches fail and make my engine not start

Try it without the kill switch tied in. Also I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but make sure the wires are connected correctly.

I have checked multiple times to see if my wires are connected correctly and have disconnected the kill switch to

Disconnect killswitch and double check the other wires are connected correctly then try again. Had multiple killswitches fail and make my engine not start
Yes I have tried this and have had no luck

Have you done the finger test? turn the engine over while your finger is on the tip of the plug. It'll hurt but it'll tell you for sure whether or not you've got spark. Also another thing that's always good to do while the plug is off is to pedal it down the road and let the gunk inside get pushed out.

I have tried holding the spark plug and haven't been shocked and I bought the magneto and noticed that too, would you recommend I attach my old ground wire from my old magneto
it has to ground somewhere - at this point, I'd say you need to get a multimeter to test things with

sometimes the bolts fail to ground the mag because of varnish coating the metal

the ground wire is needed!how did it run with out it?here is the ground wire shown attached to mounting bolt ,that black wire is the ground for main coil the solder point on there is ground for lighting coil

Attachments

• 2016-12-02 15.29.13.jpg
    2016-12-02 15.29.13.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 241
Back