My bike wont start

Kip gibson

Local time
4:48 AM
So I decided to gap my spark plug and now my bike won't start sometimes it will start and then it won't when I pull on the throttle it putts or sputters it was running just fine until I decided to gap the spark plug now nothing can someone please help me so I can get back on the road

Wow could have stressed the coil trying to jump the greater gap might want to check where the ground is soldered to the frame of wire loop and see if it's solidly connected!does it show spark during test?

Wow could have stressed the coil trying to jump the greater gap might want to check where the ground is soldered to the frame of wire loop and see if it's solidly connected!does it show spark during test?
No spark during test but when I put the spark plug back on it started and idled for about a min then stalled out and won't start again this has been going on

If no spark when tested I would go thru all the wires and connections to make sure all is good and the ground wire on wire loop at the solder joint they have been known to let go there and give a intermittent out put to the cdi.

Did you buy the right plug? I have seen plugs that are just slightly to long hit the piston just enough to close the gap and short out.

Sounds like you are having intermittent ignition problems. Check your spark plug wire at the CDI and at the boot. Unscrew the plug wire from the CDI. Snip off a bit then screw it back on. At the boot, make sure the loop is facing out.

Back