My Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a already broken in KingsMotor 80cc engine from craigslist. The seller was nice and showed me everything. He also did some mods (I wouldn't be able to tell you, sorry, not good with motors) that supposedly gives more torque to lower speeds, for better starts and hill climbing.

I put it on a bike, that, when I got it, continually and aggresively fought with me. When I replaced one part, another broke off. for about 2 months. by the end of that time, the bike had mismatched tires, no pedals, stripped threads in the pedal bars. So I said "F*** it." and decided to strap a motor on it. Been wanting the kingsmotor for months, and found the ad on craigslist for about 60$

Guess I got a good deal, whenever I have an issue with the engine, I can call the seller and get answer fast, or ask around here, you guys are great.

904_HPIM0460_1.jpg

I want to add some kind of bright front light, preferably in the same style as the Whizzer motorbikes. I love that look. plus turn signals of some kind and brake light. maybe with a seperate battery pack or something. Also, thick whitewall tires and black fenders.

Any info anyone has on doing any of that can leave it for me to read.

I'm glad I found this community, It's pretty awesome, You guys rock!

That 40/1 mixture is the shizot fo' sho'!

Another thing to clean tires with that works great is Ajax or Comet.

Nice bike!

Broked spokes,that's an ongong problem for many riders including those with the 25cc Golder Eagle engine.

Try attaching the spokes Some riders wrap with wire and soder. I wraped with wire and used JB weld. so far no broken spokes.

Another thing, after riding a few miles check to see if all the spokes are tight. If none of the above work, then wheels can be ordered with heaver spokes.

Bill Snow

Bill Snow said:
Broked spokes,that's an ongong problem for many riders including those with the 25cc Golder Eagle engine.

Try attaching the spokes Some riders wrap with wire and soder. I wraped with wire and used JB weld. so far no broken spokes.

Another thing, after riding a few miles check to see if all the spokes are tight. If none of the above work, then wheels can be ordered with heaver spokes.

Bill Snow

this bike was a very cheap Huffie at first. the wheels are this very soft alluminum. I'm buying a new wheel soon. This bike store around here has a 26 inch, inch wide, thick spoke steel wheel for 22.99. looks very solid, I only need the money.

Bill Snow said:

Bama zip ties his spokes

MORE UPDATES!!!!

New front end. its temporary until I get the final design.

904_DSCN1218_1.jpg

plus, I found this neat thing at radioshack, it's called a "Project Enclosure", and there in many sizes. I thought I would fit some bettery into this for my lights and such, I bought it now becuase it was only 2 bucks. I may not end up using it, but I like it sitting there on my bike. I want to fill up as many empty spaces in my bike as possible.

In this pic you can see the black crud that built up on my motor from when I was using a bad gas-oil mix. It doesnt do this anymore, but it certainly can't be good for cooling of the engine, how would I go about cleaning that?
904_DSCN1221_1.jpg

Lastly, I splurged on an awesome seat, I no longer feel any bumps in the road, thanks to the front and seat suspension.

rear view of my seat, crappy temporary light (normal bike reflector with a bulb behind, was powered by generator, generator is off bike right now.

904_DSCN1220_1.jpg

get a rag with either alchol or acetone and rub off the oil in between the fins. l try to keep it as clean as possible, so when i do have a leak, l see it right away. later

azvinnie said:
here are pics of what it looks like on my bike...
325_IMG_0640_3.jpg

azvinnie - thanks for the simplified drawing! I'm a bit challenged when it comes to electrical parts. One question, though: how did you do the cool blue lights under your tank? What kind did you use, where did you get them, and did you just plug directly in to your battery for those?

Well, my bike finally had it today. I stripped a allen bolt that held my handlebars steady, and as such, they won't stay still, and it can't be removed. Plus the seat tube bent from a crash and it seems to be putting more stress on other parts and the bike feels very unstable and about to crack while riding.

Plus, it kinda looked like crap anyways. I got a few "ooohh"s and "aaahhh"s from people but mostly laughs. Beach cruiser bikes look a lot better with motors than mountain bikes, and I'm building my next bike with a beach cruiser frame. Same engine, new everything else.

Here is a pic of what I'm going to do, and I will stop at nothing to complete it, I will not get "close enough" this time. It will be finished.

Crappy picture drawn in MS paint in under 5 minutes, gives a general idea.

904_newboardtrack_1.jpg

As you can see, the beach cruiser frame already changes the whole look of the bike. I'm also fabricating a completely new gas tank for the bike. The half gallon will fit inside and the cap will protude through the top of the new "tanks" shell, giving the appearance of a full tank, at a much easier level of effort put into it. Mainly it's for appearance sakes.

planning on getting some kind of tach for a single cylinder engine, I've seen a few. and modifying a bicycle speedometer with a new face and backlight. Got the electrical system, that includes the headlight and tailight setup, turn signals, brake light, and power for running lights at night. It's built and waiting for a worthy bike to put it on.

Whole bike is going to be mostly flat black, (personal preference). including handlebars, fenders and rims. also painting the side engine case covers flat black. Polishing any other visible metal.

Making a new muffler, extended to the rear of the bike. I would like comments on how much this would affect the engine performance.g

Getting a new 36 tooth sprocket for more top end.

Oh, augidog. I made a topic in "General Discussion" that has my plans for what I thought would be my "next bike" but it turned into a rebuild of my current bike. If possible, how do I delete the other topic? I don't want to clutter the forum with a bunch of threads about pretty much the same thing. I want to keep one updated. Let me know which is best. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back