My bike

Sean

Local time
2:04 PM
Hey everyone. This is my motorbike. It's a Phatmoto Rover with 4 stroke, 79cc Lifan (chinese). I've had it for 3 yrs. And use it as an everyday rider. I bought it basically new for $200 because the previous owner said the motor never worked right. Turns out he was running it with choke on the whole time. After a good laugh and spark plug change I've had a very durable and powerful bike. These things were geared for trails and I can feel the torque when I go uphill. I'm 6'3" , 230lbs. The motor and frame are great but the company installs crap peripherals. I've port & polished the motor and defeated the governor with a paper clip. The factory chain tensioner wasn't good so I fabricated my own bracket and added a spring tensioner from amazon,, geared it a little bit faster with a new back sprocket. I use it as a daily rider about 4 miles/ Day. People at work laugh at me until I tell them about only spending $2.30/ week for gas. I've ridden it in subzero temps couple of times.
My latest addition is a wireless/rechargeable turn signal with a "smart" brake light that automatically lights when I slow. It also has a horn and vibration alarm. All in one.
I've been watching all of the videos on here. Though most don't pertain to my setup, I've still learned a lot had never heard of a ragjoint before here. Always great posts here as well.
20221207_084849.jpg
20221207_084849.jpg
20221207_085003.jpg
20221207_085102.jpg
20221207_085158.jpg
20221207_085253.jpg

Hey everyone. This is my motorbike. It's a Phatmoto Rover with 4 stroke, 79cc Lifan (chinese). I've had it for 3 yrs. And use it as an everyday rider. I bought it basically new for $200 because the previous owner said the motor never worked right. Turns out he was running it with choke on the whole time. After a good laugh and spark plug change I've had a very durable and powerful bike. These things were geared for trails and I can feel the torque when I go uphill. I'm 6'3" , 230lbs. The motor and frame are great but the company installs crap peripherals. I've port & polished the motor and defeated the governor with a paper clip. The factory chain tensioner wasn't good so I fabricated my own bracket and added a spring tensioner from amazon,, geared it a little bit faster with a new back sprocket. I use it as a daily rider about 4 miles/ Day. People at work laugh at me until I tell them about only spending $2.30/ week for gas. I've ridden it in subzero temps couple of times.
My latest addition is a wireless/rechargeable turn signal with a "smart" brake light that automatically lights when I slow. It also has a horn and vibration alarm. All in one.
I've been watching all of the videos on here. Though most don't pertain to my setup, I've still learned a lot had never heard of a ragjoint before here. Always great posts here as well. View attachment 183743View attachment 183744View attachment 183745View attachment 183746View attachment 183747View attachment 183748
Nice bike! It looks like a tough and rugged rider.
I’ve often wondered how those 4 stroke engines performed on the bikes….speed…torque…dependability…ect.
I’ve yet to try just 2T engines so far. The 4T does interest me though.
I’m fighting the urge to build another bike.

I've been watching all of the videos on here. Though most don't pertain to my setup, I've still learned a lot had never heard of a ragjoint before here. Always great posts here as well. View attachment 183743View attachment 183744View attachment 183745View attachment 183746View attachment 183747View attachment 183748
I have a sensor brake light as well. When slowing down first hit the horn symbol; this'll also cause the light to flash twice. Then by that time, the sensor will be kicking in.

Looks like you could put a 3 or 5-speed IGH also behind the seat post. Then you'd have a shifter bike.

Nice bike! It looks like a tough and rugged rider.
I’ve often wondered how those 4 stroke engines performed on the bikes….speed…torque…dependability…ect.
I’ve yet to try just 2T engines so far. The 4T does interest me though.
I’m fighting the urge to build another bike.
It's very rugged. The frame is designed for the motor and riding rough trails. I have it geared to a good balance of speed and torque. For my 230lb. Frame.

It's a jackshaft setup. Easier on the chain.
They run the jackshaft for 2 reasons. Primarily, chain alignment. The clutch and drive setup off the 79cc Lifan L152F engine puts the output sprocket so far to the left that the engine would have to practically hang out of the right side of the bike to correct the alignment. The Jackshaft allows them to keep the engine centered for balance purposes by driving the rear wheel with a second sprocket that aligns correctly.

The other purpose is gear reduction reasons. Phatmoto uses a clutch drive direct to a sprocket instead of a torque converter, and this means that in order to reduce the wheel speeds to a reasonable level they would otherwise need to run a huge rear sprocket. Instead, they split the RPMs and multiply torque in a couple of stages. This same task is achieved on the 2 strokes with the primary gear reduction from the crank gear to the clutch.
The use of the jackshaft system literally kills 2 birds with one stone all while keeping things relatively compact. The clutch drive to the other sprocket is a lot narrower than a full on CVT setup would be.

Back