My Build 80cc PowerKing

Well ordered PowerKing 80cc from zoombicycleengines.com
it was on sale $145 + free shipping

Got everything put together but kinda worried about the quality of this thing
Casting is very rough and internals look very weak. Does anyone have a similar type engine with better quality or a different brand?

Well will see how she holds up

I adjusted the chain so I can delete the chain tensioner...I can get the fine adjustment on the chain with the rear axle.

Attachments

• n634433791_1966185_7646.jpg
    n634433791_1966185_7646.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 788
  • n634433791_1966194_6057.jpg
    n634433791_1966194_6057.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 473
  • n634433791_1966195_6445.jpg
    n634433791_1966195_6445.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 498
Got everything put together but kinda worried about the quality of this thing
Casting is very rough and internals look very weak. Does anyone have a similar type engine with better quality or a different brand?

welcome to the world of MB's...chinese motorkits kits are known for poor quality.

casting is just about always rough. sometimes incomplete, where you can actually see the piston sleeve (nikasil liner, actually).

inferior metals. these aren't even aluminum, they're ZINC!

EDIT: where are my manners? sorry. nice-looking build, by the way! got rid of the chain tensioner...good for you.

Last edited:
A very good looking machine. You'll have fun.

Your engine looks like any other happy time. they really are all the same. And they are not the Cadillac of bicycle engines. Yugo would be closer to the truth.

But that doesn't mean that you're screwed at all. It's true that some people seem to do better with these engines than others. It might be because some of the engines are allright and some are lemons. But I don't know for sure that that's the answer; it might be that some people are better at handling these engines than others.

But even that doesn't matter. They're so inexpensive that I'll just buy another when mine spills it's guts.

good luck and have fun. You'll enjoy it.

well...got the bike fired up for the very fist time today temp in Edmonton, AB was +2 and I took the advantage...took me about 10 min of tying but got it going! I had to adjust the idle screw and chain tension but she runs perfect

well...got the bike fired up for the very fist time today temp in Edmonton, AB was +2 and I took the advantage...took me about 10 min of tying but got it going! I had to adjust the idle screw and chain tension but she runs perfect

yaaay! good for you. :devilish:

the virgin run is always fun. and scary, cuz you dont know what might break :sick:

when its that cold, if you cant store it indoors you'll have to learn what your motor wants, as far as choke settings during start-up.

every motor is different. one motor coming off the line wants full-choke, the next might want only half, for example. i have a kingsmotorbikes 70cc, that refuses any choke, even in winter.

canada, eh? you might start thinking 'bout some studded snow tires......

yaaay! good for you. :devilish:

the virgin run is always fun. and scary, cuz you dont know what might break :sick:

when its that cold, if you cant store it indoors you'll have to learn what your motor wants, as far as choke settings during start-up.

every motor is different. one motor coming off the line wants full-choke, the next might want only half, for example. i have a kingsmotorbikes 70cc, that refuses any choke, even in winter.

canada, eh? you might start thinking 'bout some studded snow tires......

no need I have plan "B" for that

Attachments

• 101_4787.jpg
    101_4787.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 306
These engines run well but the cosmetic machining is lower quality than you would expect. My motorized MTB is similar so I may try to shorten the chain and eliminate the tensioner. Cheers

pk 80

ive had my pk 80 for three months now, when it runs it runs great, but two things very important, 1.seal the magnito case, where the wires come out of the engine and open it anytime your in rain or snow to make sure it dont get wet or she will short, trust me im on my 3rd mag in 3 months,2. Be very carful as to not overtighten bolt and studs thell strip vry easy specially if there warm. other then that i think if u look after them right they will last. good luck& happy trails.

what is the best sealant to use on the magneto cover and wire harnes to help with moisture entering...do I need to seal in the CDI at all? I installed plastic fenders the other day to help with splashing and got a front fork with shocks (omni) for it.

Back