My build. Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started a build and will be building a fast bike. Thats the plan so far.
I have finished the frame and bought the fork.
I got a brown Brooks seat
I want to put a fast engine into this so your help would be well seen.
I decided to go with a 2 stroke and will build some slowly.
If you have any ideas please let me know and tell me what you think.

This is how the frame looks, bit I will be running different wheels.

This is the fork

That frame has a seriously long wheelbase! :D Especially the chainstay length.. It should be very stable at high speed and not be prone to the dreaded speed wobble. (I'm planning on using the Surly Disk Trucker myself so this is definitely something I approve of) Really looks a great frame for fast road use. Plenty of room for a jackshaft behind the seat tube too. :) So much room in the front "triangle" though, are you planning an in-frame gastank? Fork is pretty cool too, I like the disk brake mount, very interesting.. forks usually compress when the front brake is used (while moving) but this arrangement would do the opposite.

I guessed that. Its still lonnnggg though :):)
Did you fabricate that frame yourself from scratch?
How will you mount a rear brake, and what type of brake are you going to use?

The frame is a custom made one.
Friend did it for me.
I will be having drum brakes on the rear for now and disc brakes as I have a disk brake mount on the front fork.

I bought those tires and this seat

GroteFoto-7TJHIOTD.jpg

I was wondering if I should go for a 4 stroke.
What do you think?
Can they perform well? I want to cruise comfortably lets say 50-60 mph

Here is one pic. More to come

50 60 mph on a single speed bike? good luck getting it started. it will take quite the hill. but I would think a 2-stroke would be better as they are lighter and produce most power at high rpm's. I wouldnt call 50 60 mph riding comfortably. white knuckling it would be more appropriate.

if you plan on hitting 60 I highly reccomend some suspension and some lightweight steel bead 1.1 tires. and ultralight tubes aqlong with lightweight reliable very well balanced rims.. DONT GET A FLAT! the heavier the tire and even more so the wider the tire the more likely you will be to encounter those speed wobbles. if you havent encountered them, DONT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back