My build, too much?

cycledude

Local time
12:13 AM
Man, I think I overdid it this time. LOL
Could not help it tho, had most of the things lying around so I just took off on it.
It weights more than I thought it would but it's pretty strong.
Suggestions comments critiques Welcome.

Attachments

• 1121.JPG
    1121.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 442
  • 1122.JPG
    1122.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 481
Looks very good. If you were to buy lighter weight materials, what would you save, maybe 12 - 18 ounces, big deal. Hook her up and get down the road.

I like it. I would double locknut and loctite everything.

Looks very sturdy. :cool:

Well after much cutting and grinding this is what it looks like now, I was going to round the edges a little more (dont like sharp edges) but that is going to have to wait.
I am almost ready to mount, I hope mounting is not as hard as all the things I have had to do so far.

Attachments

• 1125.JPG
    1125.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 380
Good job!

Are you using BMP friction drive components?

:unsure:You can also use Staton rollers if you want to try 1.375" or 1.5" steel rollers, but you'd need to swap all BMP components to Staton.

Are your bearings slip-fit or press-fit on the aluminum housing?

I spent some time with the wrenches and I am sure all is tight, will brace strong, neat too, got me a little angle iron.
I had to go with BMP, on a budget.
I took the plates to a local shop, the one and three eight for the bearing was drilled with this special tool and it is very smooth, sometimes i have to press the bearing, other times it just slips in without force. I am happy with the results so far.
I was going to cut something that looked like a fish, but there is more to cut yet, it will probably look like a canoe when I am finished. lol

Aloha 57, I will be using a 1.25 self locking roller, and a gx35.
I wanted to do the same set up for a gx50 but I could not get the part numbers right.
I also don't have the right bike so I will be installing it on a 17" wheel bike and hope that it works.
I don't want to install it on my 10 speed reconstructed french bike tho I was temted, but I would have to change tires, wheels, bla, bla.
I would have gotten the 50 if I had the part numbers for the clutch bell with shaft, and the spacers.
I like the idea of the 35, I am in it for the mpg now, if I want more power I ride my motorcycles.

Back