Carby My C Clip does not agree with me

I always jet mine slightly rich to keep it from overheating, and then put the right jet in if I'm going to be racing. I ended up just finally caving in and ordering an RSE reed valve so I'll be out of commission for more like a week. That's what the harley is for though, for when the mab quits.

This was actually my first mechanical failure in about 600 miles, which is pretty good for someone who always buzzes around at 8000 rpm or higher. last mechanical failure was my fault too, I had neglected to replace my tire even though belt was showing and started wearing down the tube.

I couldn't take the excessive 4 stroking, especially when I am going for a top speed check run. Now I have a poo pipe and any 4 stroking sounds really awful.
BrrrAAAP.
I like the reeded intake idea, but I gather you have to port the cylinder some way or other to take advantage of it.
I might go this way when or if I ever put a new top end and an exp pipe on it.
We're Not Allowed to go fast around here anyhow. Good old Nohio.

Sorry you have to ride that big old Harley instead of the nimble little thang.
That must be rough!

heehee

It doesn't take a whole lot of modification to take full advantage, just drill the intake side of the piston a bit. I've already got a stuffed case which is very helpful with reed valves.

The harley is nimble enough to get me by for a week.

What does a guy stuff the crankcase with?
JB weld will stay put in there? All that oil, heat and vibration...
Whoda thunk it?

JB weld is good for a constant 500 degrees and is resistant to solvents. just rough up the surface where you're gonna put the stuff. A balanced crank will help prevent issues from vibration as well.

Back