Carby my carb won't fit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the carb off and took a good look at everything trying to figure this thing out, thanks heads for those links, good info bro, the only thing I did different was I bent the prongs down that sit on the float, it seamed like there was always gas on the outside of the carb and I thought it may be riding to high in the chamber.,it seams to run better, could that cause a rich condition??? and how can I get this set right??

Carb

Yeah Dan, I think it could cause a rich condition. If it's overflowing then the overflow could be sucked back into the carb. If after you lowered the float level you think it's still running rich try to resize the jet (with wire maybe).
Make real sure the choke lever is staying in place. Several times I've stopped to check out my bikes because all of a sudden it started running bad. It took me a minute to figure out the vibration lets the choke fall into the "choke" position. Now, since I live in California and don't need a choke, I Simply tie it down so it can't move.
Anyway,now that you've lowered the float, run it for a few minutes and check the plug. If it's a nice tan or brown looking you're OK. If it's still wet with a lot of oil then you still have some detective work to do.

plug is still black, but it is running better, I have not messed with the jet yet, its more fun riding it than working on it, Im still messing with the float, the gasket is still wet, not sure if it should be, do you know if there is a desired fuel level in the chamber?

almost had a bad today, rode to the store, put a few items on the rack, bungee chord real tight, and about half way home, somehow the chord got caught in spokes,, or chain?? not sure how it happened, but it just wrapped around the sprocket and broke, I just felt a tug, but it scared me a bit, but I feel lucky

ferpectly correct. fuel height is critical. they overflow... and flood.. then die :eek:

hard to check on an nt... i usually pull em off to check...seems to be a process of trial and error. handy that the float stays in the bowl and you do get a good idea of the final level :)

bend prongs, attach to fuel line, remove bowl, note level, rebend prongs etc...

aim for about 5-10mm below the top of the bowl.... as long as the main jets submerged ;) (it rises when its assembled as welll...that jet stem displaces some fuel... )

fuel level also affects mixture as the lower down it is, the more "suction" is needed to suck up the same amount of fuel. another mixture adjustment :D

that choke lever is an annoyance and i cut the flap off :eek:

occy straps...i have no ideas :eek: done it myself a few times... worse when it grabs the tensioner and rips it into the spokes and you suddenly have no rear wheel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back