my carburator is leaking gas

@nofearinside:
It's also a good idea to state your location so possibly another member of MBc can either phone u with instructions or come around your place.

thanks to everyone!

Hey thanks a lot to everyone here.... this is such an amazing website with a lot of cool people. Ok .... here is a picture of how i have the engine mounted now... i changed it different possitions and made about 9 holes on the frame of the bike already before i read about the mountings for stingray... i was reading something before and also my engine was flooded with the gas because of how i had it the timebefore...the gas was flooding even by the pipe....i changed it how it is in the picture now and the leaking of the gas stopped.... if this way i placed is not right then i will go get the other mounting from ebay... but i want to check out what options i have before buying more stuff because it hasnt turn on yet... i tryed taking the kill switch out but it doesnt do anything yet... is like theres something not making it to fire or to spark the energy to turn on... the way i placed the clutch is that when i am not pressing the clutch the bike doesnt almost move, like it gets really really hard to move... and when i press it it moves easy so i can pedal...

Attachments

• PhotoMoto_0093.jpg
    PhotoMoto_0093.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
oh! and my phone is 4072182970 and i live in Orlando, Fl... if someone can help me out by phone or someone local with one of this bikes to take a look at it and see what's wrong with mine... i think that is being really hard forme because i've never saw or knew anything about this engines before... but i really want to work on it... i hope i can make it start soon... Thanks to everyone again!

bike problems

Sounds like your clutch is working ok, did you do that direct wiring blue to blue and black to black yet? This will bypass any potential problems on the electrical side of things, after doing this you can take your plug out and ground it to the block see if you get spark. First off I think you need to get the engine properly mounted using that kit from ebay or Livefast..That will take a few days to do, then you can go about troubleshooting the engine. By the way stop drilling holes in your frame, you are destroying a perfectly nice OCC Stingray by doing that.. Mac

Hey! thanks Mac! i know... i did such a stupid thing by doing that... yeah i tryed with the blue to blue and black to black... but nothing... yes i am going to get the mounting from ebay... now... how do i ground the plug to the block? sorry but i dont knoe like the names of the parts of the engine too well... but am learning ;) .... where is the block? and how do i ground the plug to it? and where should i see the spark at?
Thanks a lot for the help!

pull the spark plug out of the engine(block), plug it back in to the plug wire and hold it against the outside of the engine(block), the end that came out of the motor should have a gap between the prong on the end and the electrode(little metal rod in porcelain) of about .025", that is where you will see the spark, easier to see in the dark. so with the plug out, pluged in to the plug wire, resting on the engine, pick up the back tire and give it a good spin by hand and look at the gap for a spark. if its to light out to see it you can usually hear it snap. hope this helps

I've been on the phone this morning with nofearinside.....guess what?

he's probably out riding, right now.
His sparkplug was fouled. he gave it a quick cleaning, checked for spark, reinstalled his plug & away he went!!

Back