my cargo rack HOMEMADE

Took all aluminum tripod legs cut them drilled holes through them and then took an old pair of crutches and cut them for the top of the cargo rack boted of them all together put Loctite on everything then took an old Coca-Cola rack zip tied it down tested it made it sure nothing was rubbing then put lifting weights in the back and wrote it for at least four miles hope u like it picture below

21742025_10203888831776643_355795183_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew a pair of crutches would work, I have a similar idea to rebuild my rear rack since I'm not satisfied with how it looks or how stable it is. I like the coke rack I almost used a blue Pepsi one but went with a 6 gallon milk crate for a long while before pulling it, I didn't like not being able to swing my leg over mostly but I loved the storage space, I could leave my backpack in it lol.

Yeah I like being able to still throw my leg over and crutches work really well so far man would love to see see how someone else would use crutches for rack lol

Yeah I like being able to still throw my leg over and crutches work really well so far man would love to see see how someone else would use crutches for rack lol
I want to use 3,one for the rack and 1 on each side acting as the supports, they are strong enough for a crazy kid to jump down stairs with so for luggage it shouldn't be an issue.

That's the downside of rack mount engines... No leg swinging... Hehe

Good idea for the rack! Well done.

Back