My chop chop

Hi im from Oz and this is my 2 stroke Schwinn in progress... I've done the usual mods including a severe dose of heavy porting.

I got bored so I polished the engine covers to a mirror finish - I reckon this looks much better than the same crappy slotted cnc covers that everybody has.... I also did a little porting and port-matching with the inlet manifold...

I've ordered a aftermarket cnc head as well as a 4 litre fuel tank that should arrive very soon... I'm gonna give the head a skim to raise the compression slightly just to give it shooting match a little more oomph... let's see what happens aye... lol

Check it out

Attachments

• 20210514_181138.jpg
    20210514_181138.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4,010
  • 20210519_234906.jpg
    20210519_234906.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 20210519_235048.jpg
    20210519_235048.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 20210519_234956.jpg
    20210519_234956.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 312
300 bucks ???...could you send me the link to who is charging this much...maybe i can find the exact thing cheaper over here and let you know ?...DAMIEN
$399 is pretty much $400, not 300. And probably well over 500 by the time it gets to Oz.

$399 is pretty much $400, not 300. And probably well over 500 by the time it gets to Oz.
Thank you Chainlube...just made correction to my previous post...thats what happens to me when im only on my second cup of morning coffee...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Than you Chainlube...just made correction to my previous post...thats what happens to me when im only on my second cup of morning coffee...lol...DAMIEN
It's an old marketing tool, they (manufacturers) price things at the 99 interval so people say it's 300 instead of 400. "But Mom! It's only $400" When in actuality it's 500.

400 bucks ???...could you send me the link to who is charging this much...maybe i can find the exact thing cheaper over here and let you know ?...DAMIEN

It would be great if it can be had for a cheaper price....

NOPE...This group designs, manufactures, and distributes its own stuff, its propriatory...your screwed on the price and shipping to OZ.

Maybe someone out there "in the outback"...lol... has the know how to actually machine a setup like that for you for cheaper money ???...Just a thought...DAMIEN

A dirt bike fork would work, maybe not as pretty as that one but certainly will have the suspension. They can be had cheap off a trashed bike, (read blown motor).

A dirt bike fork would work, maybe not as pretty as that one but certainly will have the suspension. They can be had cheap off a trashed bike, (read blown motor).

I was checking out ideas like this one I'd found on Ebay, perhaps not this exact one due to the length as I would want a slightly longer unit, but something similar would work.

However, I have extensive experience in modifying, restoring and spraying cars hence I am planning to pull this bike down to refinish it with a fresh top coat in 2pac, this is the reason why I'm leaning towards the beautiful polished finish on the 'Linkage fork', I can visualise the new pearl / flake / metallic paint I'd eventually choose matched against those chunky chrome forks ! As well as having the factory rims hand-polished from the flat alloy to a mirror finish.... it will turn out amazing.

As I'd mentioned that I build cars for a past-time, but I've done so many car projects over the years it's beginning to become dull, but I need to build something to keep myself sane....so I'm gonna do something different this time. Also when I build, I go 'all out' with a 'Go hard or go home' approach....there's no other way about it aye....

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
NOPE...This group designs, manufactures, and distributes its own stuff, its propriatory...your screwed on the price and shipping to OZ.

Maybe someone out there "in the outback"...lol... has the know how to actually machine a setup like that for you for cheaper money ???...Just a thought...DAMIEN
I maybe able to CAD up the blueprints for all the little 'linkage' bits to CNC it all up in billet and have the rest tig-welded up with alloy tubing etc...

You know what guys ? For the $800-odd (USD) I plan to spend on the two sets, I should invest that cash on blueprinting my own similar fork design using my automotive background and contacts ..

Back