My cruiser

Hello. Thought that I would post some pics of my bike. It's a Huffy Cranbrook. I got the 66cc 2-stroke and it's a blast. I painted the chain guard and tank to match the bike. I even got pinstripe to put on the tank to match the frame. I don't have pics of that right now though. My uncle picked up and engine kit to for his Schwinn DelMar. His bike is in the last pic. Let me know what you think.

bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

Good looking stuff.

The Cranbrook has always looked to me like a very good bike for this job.

If I were to view it with an eye toward criticism, I'd say that the Cranbrook is just a bit "bland" in the looks dept. But that can be viewed as a strength; you have a fresh canvas to make you work of art with.

So if you want to put in the time, then I'd suggest a bit more pin-striping. And maybe change the pedals. The ones that it comes with just look a bit cheesy to me.

But you've still got a good looking machine there.

They both look Great. Good Soild, Neat job on both. But you'd better get a good, inline fuel filter. the sooner the better. get one that you can see through. you'll be much happier, than if you did'nt.

Last edited:
I put some pin stripes on the tank and the chain guard, I just don't have pics of them yet. My inline filter was also put on after the pics were taken, I was in a hurry to get it together and try it so I skipped that part.

All I have left to do for now is get a seat post that is angled back because I feel cramped on the bike, and I also want to get all white tires. I like the look of the old time bikes. And I also read up here that I need to do some work to the fenders so I don't go for an unexpected ride!

Last edited:
Mate..That is a really nice looking bike..Ive always liked the "cream look"..its gives it that old world 50s style..very clean..ENO (Down Under)

Thanks everyone! I'll get some updated pics posted soon. I finished the pinstriping on the tank and the rear fender, plus I got a digital speedo mounted up. I wanted ad old style gauge, but couldn't find one around here.

Sweet build Thatperson the bikes look like beauts,

l bet it took one ride before that uncle of yours ordered his kit,

safe riding VP...

Back