My current situation....

erickster

Local time
3:38 AM
Got my new bike kit, hooked it all up. Tried it out last night. It turns on, and sputters and spits up smoke for a little bit, but I noticed no control over the engine with my throttle. When I ride it, I have to hit the kill switch because I'm afraid it might be revving too high, but I'm not an expert and I've never seen/heard one of these bikes or engines in person before. Also, I don't know a lot about engines in general, so that makes it tough too.

This morning I tried just starting it in my backyard and pulling the clutch, parking it, and seeing if I can just get the motor running smoothly for a longer period of time. I played with it a little, but after about 30 seconds, the motor just turns off. I don't notice any leaks, or anything like that. I also don't seem to have any control with my throttle. My throttle, twists, and pops back like it's supposed to, but when running, I don't noticed a change when I "rev" it. I've tried adjusting my "hat", but that doesn't seem to make any changes.

Any ideas? I wish I knew someone else who drove these things!! This whole thing is a learning experience for me.

Back