My Cutie's Ride

295_PICT0005_1.jpg

Hi All,
Here's some pics of the bike I built for my wife. It is a 80cc Kings kit / Micargi - Pantera Cruiser. I want to paint the tank later to match the bike. I just took it for a nice ride around the neighborhood. Was a blast. I am still working on mine, and hope to have it finished by the end of this weekend. My wife is looking forward to making some day trips together this spring when the weather warms up. I want to thank everyone for answering my questions and helping me with the build. You guys are awesome! I will post pics of mine when I'm finished. Also, I am photographing the whole process in case someone later wants to post it as a 'how to do this build' article. God Bless.
Charlie :D

Paint

Hi. Thanks. I used High-Temp Engine Paint. I've run the bike a fair bit and seems to be ok. Also, it doesn't come off or fade if you get a little gas on it. We'll see how it holds up in the long run. God Bless.
Charlie

it's beautiful, mrs. charlie...why not paint the tank & fenders to match the engine instead?

just saying, is all 8)

That does look very sharp, I like it.
The chain guard looks like one of those "censored" blocks they use on tv though. Whatya hidin' under there?

Does that chain look a little slack to anyone else?

Yeah, the chain does look a little loose.

BTW, I like the black tank. It matches the seat.

Guard

Hi,
Yeah, I plan to paint the chain-guard too, along with the tank. As for the chain, I tried removing another link, but that made it to short - I couldn't pull it together to reconnect it. I may try moving the tensioner back a bit to see if it helps. Seems to work well as is though. I saw someone was talking about a spring tensioner on one of these posts. That might be cool. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Charlie

Back