my daughter loves her motorized Schwinn

mopedDad

Local time
4:57 PM
Hey Y'all! It's going to be fun for daughter: she loves the independence offered by this new motorized bike. We got this motor from CycleHappy.com I believe, slapped it on her old bicycle the same day with an hour or two of wrenching. I let her do most of the work, helping a little here and there; it was fun to help her learn about tools and mechanics.

I hope to get her to join the forum here too. I think it's going to be a positive experience. Glad to be here!

Welcome to our crazy world! You have a gifted daughter, those skills will help her later in life unlike my wife who can't even check the oil in a car.

I just checked out cyclehappy.com, and their prices are outrageous. Almost $800 for a robin subaru with shift kit. I built an entire custom bike for not much more, with a 98cc 4 stroke minibike engine. I'm glad you got this bike going for your daughter, but I'm sorry (for you) that you paid so much to do so.

picsay-1365793153786.jpgButterbean the reason Cycle Happy kits cost so much is because they're buying them from Staton Inc and reselling them. The bike in the shiftkit photos was an old setup of mine.

The Honda engine I bought from CycleHappy is mighty cute, cost $488.72 with shipping; it was a engine and rear wheel drive roller setup combined. I like the centrifugal clutch a lot; the little red engine is quiet and runs smooth.

The Honda engine I bought from CycleHappy is mighty cute, cost $488.72 with shipping; it was a engine and rear wheel drive roller setup combined. I like the centrifugal clutch a lot; the little red engine is quiet and runs smooth.

The kits are great I've got a Staton Inc kit myself. The company you're dealing with is buying these kits from Staton Inc and reselling them. Deal with David Staton directly and save yourself some money. It would be different if the guy had built a whole bike for you using a Staton kit.

I'm just telling you this because in time you'll want to make improvements and/or need to do some repairs. I've got the only bike in the world that shifts 5 gears automatically.

Great to hear that Jerry, I had no idea. I guess I should have looked around a little more before ordering.

Found the URL for Stanton, Inc.--> http://www.staton-inc.com/store/pro...GX35_35_8_cc_Four_Cycle_Engine_Kit-361-0.html <--That is for the page showing the little Honda engine kit I bought from a different site, Cycle Happy.

The kits are great I've got a Staton Inc kit myself. The company you're dealing with is buying these kits from Staton Inc and reselling them. Deal with David Staton directly and save yourself some money. It would be different if the guy had built a whole bike for you using a Staton kit.

I'm just telling you this because in time you'll want to make improvements and/or need to do some repairs. I've got the only bike in the world that shifts 5 gears automatically.

Last edited:
Back