My electric bike, 57mph top speed

L

Lowell

The bag above the top tube contains the chargers, bike multi tool, patch kit, tire levers and other misc items. Front brake is a Hope Mono 6 Ti, and the front fairing is a cut up pocket bike piece with a Honda CBR screen bolted on.

:eek: TOTALLY AWESOME!

watching the video of the parking lot runs, i realized that the noises/rumbling in the video is NOT! the sounds of the electric bike, but of a nearby truck!

i bought the CRYSTALYTE 400-series hub because the 500-series sucked a LOT of amps, per their salesman.

i should've bought the CRYSTALYTE 500 hub! :eek:

The 400 series hubs are good for power assist bicycles. The lighter motor weight and lower amp draw means lighter batteries, and means a bike that is more like a bicycle you'd want to pedal.

Now if you like speed and power, the 500 series hubs are the ticket. Batteries are going to cost more since you're going to be pushing a lot of amps, but it's definitely worth it. My bike weighs a bit over 100lbs, and I've pedaled it up to 25km/h on flat ground, but I normally don't pedal.

Your making the electric setup look much more appealing to me after watching those vids.

Would you care to disclose how much you've invested in your setup?

$450 X503 hub motor w/ rim and spokes
$170 72v x 35A controller
$70 IRFB4110 low resistance MOSFETs x 12
$140 DrainBrain
$1100 76 NexCell 2D NiMH cells

Add fuse holders, Anderson Power Poles, wire and it looks like about $2k for the power system. I've put about 2100 miles on the bike so far, and the only thing I would change if I did it again would be to buy lithium batteries. Even though the up front cost of the newest lithium chemistries is higher, it should pay off down the road with increased cycle life. Less weight and better performance doesn't hurt either.

wattage

how many watt is ur electric bike?

Ive only done a little bit of looking around at electric bikes, but i can onyl find motors that are 500 watts..

I just cant see 500watts going very fast?

:cool:stowaway, 500w@36vdc= not bad speed. multiply voltage by 2.533, and power is well over 1200 watts.

Back