My engine got so hot that.

Skyliner70cc

Local time
5:33 PM
The dab of grease that is behind the clutch rod/ball bearing turned into a liquid and dripped all over my chain and splattered all over my frame.

Time for some high temp, synthetic?, grease. Anybody got any recommendations?

It was 99 deg F when I left for a 19 mile ride to a Radio Shack. I rode full throttle most of the time. This particular engine has only seen 3 oz of castor oil (Sig Castor) per each gallon its entire live (so far about 250 miles total). This is a 42:1 oil ratio and is working fine so far.

The engine ran like a champ the entire time and my heat scorched legs and the discolored header attest to how hot the engine got.

If anyone is curious about castor, this is a good read: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6748&highlight=castor+oil

Its a roller bearing engine so I'm not worried about my oil ratio. I'd actually do 50:1 but its easier to measure 3 oz of oil instead of 2.56 for each gallon.

The dab of grease that is behind the clutch rod/ball bearing turned into a liquid and dripped all over my chain and splattered all over my frame.

Time for some high temp, synthetic?, grease. Anybody got any recommendations?

It was 99 deg F when I left for a 19 mile ride to a Radio Shack. I rode full throttle most of the time. This particular engine has only seen 3 oz of castor oil (Sig Castor) per each gallon its entire life (so far about 250 miles total). This is a 42:1 oil ratio and is working fine so far.

The engine ran like a champ the entire time and my heat scorched legs and the discolored header attest to how hot the engine got.

If anyone is curious about castor, this is a good read: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6748&highlight=castor+oil

Its a roller bearing engine so I'm not worried about my oil ratio. I'd actually do 50:1 but its easier to measure 3 oz of oil instead of 2.56 for each gallon.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE RIDING IN EXTREMELY HOT WEATHER? Last summer I did some long rides in New Mexico but I think my motor is running hotter in AR because there is very little wind here.

In Arizona I ride in heat that makes stopping unberable.

I glued carpet pieces to the clutch cover to stop the calf burns.
I grease my engine clutch bearings every 2 or 3 days.
1. the bean sized blob on the big gears.
2. the large amount injected under the carb, remove the stock clutch cable end to add the grease.
3. the ball and pin.
I also use a mix of 20 percent benol with 80 percent synthetic.mixed 8 oz to one gallon of regular gas due to the heat.
I have a kings motors bushing engine.
So far no problems at 110 F ambient.

Spad,
Hmmm, benol...yummy. Thanks for sharing. I was a little surprised by the amount of oil that you use but then reread and saw you had a BUSHING engine. That makes perfect sense.

take care

Klotz Benol
Sig Fuels
Morgan Fuels
LHS fuels

I've got a thread addressing this. If you do a search by username, you should be able to find it.

Back