My engines running really high idle and when i give it gas it dies do you think i should clean the carb out? Or do you think its an air leak?

Local time
8:19 AM
Its vary cold out and the bike runs with the choke on with restricted air flow from the intake not being fully open due to the choke being on. It also runs really high when i open the choke but when i loosen the idle screw it dose nothing till its eventually fully out and it dies from no gas idk what the problem is maybe an air leak i noticed gas leaking from the exhaust flange.

the exhaust has no baffle just straight pipe with a cap on the end it fell out dew to vibration i just left it out i have 4 aluminum can layers as gasket for it idk

could it be a clogged jet maybe? or could i have gave the bike herpes? could it be from not paying child support some one please help.

clean the needle valve float bowl and get and see if that helps, since you didn't change anything on the motor i would think the carb is clogged and not letting fuel in at the right amount

these bike work in the cold but you end up getting a lot of water built up in the bucking bar area and it freezes and eats up the throw out cam since the bearing freezes up inside because of lack of lube

Yea cleaned the carb with gas and stuff and wheni put it back on the bike I noticed one of the bolts went in more then before like 2 extra rotations i think that could have contributed to the problem.

Now it runs only with choke open like when i first bought it and four stroking at top speed witch i think could be higher.

are you talking about the intake bolts also did you try adjusting the carb needle to a more lean setting since its running to rich
My bike 4 strokes like crazy in the cold at very high rpm i believe its normal in the cold since it didn't do that when its warm out
also check your float level there are multiple things that can go wrong like the float sinking the needle valve not closing and float level not at the correct spot

Last edited:
What speeds do you get when it starts to 4 stroke on you? I feel like im only going like 30kmh or like 20 mph.

My needle clip is set to the midde and i was talking about the intake manifold bolts.
My float level is okay, I think the doughnut shaped float is about half a cm or so below in the doughnut hole and its even. This is all while resting on the float forks.

you can try bringing the float level down a smudge to lean it out slightly and see if that works you only need to bend the fork it a millimeter or 2 so be gentle when you bend them down or you can try and lean the fuel mix needle and move it to a more lean setting by one notch i always lean my carbs out by one notch when i get them

Black tape where the throttle cable enters the carb or insure a rubber boot seal at the bottom of the cable is fully in place. There may be an air leak that become a lean condition when the throttle is engaged.

Back