My Favorite Time Of Year

Good thing I took this picture. I'll have something to remember that small screwdriver by. šŸ¤£ Lost it someplace trying to get the bike started.

Autumn.jpg

So I take it... Its not running ?. I feel bad for ya, So much work and no Fun yet. :(

You need to get a service stand. Save ya strength for the ladies/dudes ( whatever you're into), not a bike. If you lived near me, I'd tell you to come over and I'll get your bike going, for a 6 pack. I got all the parts, jets, carbs, filters, etc, etc, etc, you could need. Just got 50 more jets in( 2 sets of a 25 spread), because my friends took every single one but the 60 and 80's. lol. What makes it even funnier, only one of my bikes use a jet, and it has the one it needs. Yep, I bought them because I know kids in the hood and my friends are going to come down looking for repairs. Just better to have them, especially when the kids in the hood need one. They look so sad when I don't have the part to get them going again. I imagine you have a similar look on your face right now.

You need to get a service stand. Save ya strength for the ladies/dudes ( whatever you're into), not a bike. If you lived near me, I'd tell you to come over and I'll get your bike going, for a 6 pack. I got all the parts, jets, carbs, filters, etc, etc, etc, you could need. Just got 50 more jets in( 2 sets of a 25 spread), because my friends took every single one but the 60 and 80's. lol. What makes it even funnier, only one of my bikes use a jet, and it has the one it needs. Yep, I bought them because I know kids in the hood and my friends are going to come down looking for repairs. Just better to have them, especially when the kids in the hood need one. They look so sad when I don't have the part to get them going again. I imagine you have a similar look on your face right now.
I think something else is wrong with this. It still only wants to start with the choke closed. It never seems to do the same thing twice. People tell me it's lean (some say rich) but if it's lean why does it want the choke closed? Today the pipe was a lot hotter than the head after a short run, which, as I understand it, means it's lean. But why does closing the choke make it run better if it's lean? Makes no sense.

Or maybe I need a 60 jet or an 80 jet. šŸ˜ Another guy I know has the same engine as me an he said he had to go down to a 62 jet. But again, this thing seems to be lean based on what others have said and that my pipe seems to get hotter than the head.

I think something else is wrong with this. It still only wants to start with the choke closed. It never seems to do the same thing twice. People tell me it's lean (some say rich) but if it's lean why does it want the choke closed? Today the pipe was a lot hotter than the head after a short run, which, as I understand it, means it's lean. But why does closing the choke make it run better if it's lean? Makes no sense.

Or maybe I need a 60 jet or an 80 jet. šŸ˜ Another guy I know has the same engine as me an he said he had to go down to a 62 jet. But again, this thing seems to be lean based on what others have said and that my pipe seems to get hotter than the head.
No hotter pipe meads retarded timing( but you barely have it running, lets get you running and see what happens before we think about timing). Choking it adds fuel, cuts air, you are lean if it only runs on choke. what jet runs on the choke?

No hotter pipe meads retarded timing( but you barely have it running, lets get you running and see what happens before we think about timing). Choking it adds fuel, cuts air, you are lean if it only runs on choke. what jet runs on the choke?
Right now there is a 70 jet in there. I had the clip on the middle, then changed to second from the top. It seemed to make no difference. I'll edit together a video tomorrow of what it was doing but one thing that happened all day today was that when I come to a stop and pull in the clutch the engine revs up. It also won't go up small inclines.

Right now there is a 70 jet in there. I had the clip on the middle, then changed to second from the top. It seemed to make no difference. I'll edit together a video tomorrow of what it was doing but one thing that happened all day today was that when I come to a stop and pull in the clutch the engine revs up. It also won't go up small inclines.
Air leaks do that, spray water from a spray bottle around the carb, intake, base of cylinder and head seal while running and listen for a change in rpm. You should also check the crank seals for any visual damage or seepage.

Air leaks do that, spray water from a spray bottle around the carb, intake, base of cylinder and head seal while running and listen for a change in rpm. You should also check the crank seals for any visual damage or seepage.
Was about to say" you have to have an air leak.". Street Ryderz got it before me.

Was about to say" you have to have an air leak.". Street Ryderz got it before me.
How can I say this? This should do it: šŸ˜  followed by šŸ˜• followed by this šŸ˜¢ ... I just looked on the floor under the bike and found seepage. Got on the floor and looked up ... saw a drop under the magneto cover, I see oil on the downtube of the bike and one drop under the cylinder. I'm charging my GoPro. I'll make a video in about an hour.

I'm pretty sure it's not an intake leak. The thought of having to disassemble this entire thing doesn't bring me an ounce of joy. I can't stand having to redo something. I try hard to do things the right way the first time because that's how you should do it, and because I can't stand doing twice what should really only be done once. But this was all unexplored territory for me. I'll make a new video post in an hour or so. Maybe there'll be some clues for you guys to comment on.

Back