My first bike

Well, I never have had the honor of putting a bike in the picture gallery but I guess I can now. The build is almost complete. Still need a few things (like a fuel line) to get things going but for the most part the bike is complete. So I would like to finally take the chance to show off my moon dog. I know it looks like all the others, but I'm still proud of her!

Thanks for taking the time to look!

cd

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 523
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 456
An excelent build! Love the orange. Can't wait to hear how she rides. I put a speedometer on. Makes the experience a little mor meaningful.

good luck,

norm

An excelent build! Love the orange. Can't wait to hear how she rides. I put a speedometer on. Makes the experience a little mor meaningful.

good luck,

norm

Hi Norm... thank you.. I kinda like the orange and black too... instant Halloween. I have a speedometer that I ordered that should be coming in the mail soon. It's the one mentioned in the NOOB thread. It cost $4 and something and the shipping was free. Can't beat that. Anyway it should be here any day now and then I will put it on the bike. It has speed, odometer and tripometer... not bad for $4.00.

Thanks for the compliment on the bike. I'm really proud of it now that I have it together!

cd

crabdance's

iam realy happy u are goin for a ride soon most likely u got her running on the roads today weee heeee all right man
dont forget a fuel filter
and i have enjoyed yer post and its good to know there are still good people in the world today rockin good news

Thanks MasterLink, Still haven't gone for a ride yet because I'm waiting on some other parts.. but soon my friend I will be rolling with the best of them. I will shout when I get to ride and everyone will know!!!

Just took some more pics of my bike and thought I would post them. The second one is on my desktop now :).

Attachments

• DSC01853.JPG
    DSC01853.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 307
That looks great Crabdance!

I was leaning towards the Moon Dog for my next project. I just finished mounting my Staton friction drive to my mountain bike over the weekend, but I'd like to move it over to more of a cruiser style bike.

Tracy

Hi Tracy, Thanks, the Moon Dog look is sorta addicting. At first you think it's too much orange and then later you get to love it. The Moon Dog build went pretty smooth. Had very little problems installing it. If you decide to go with the Moon Dog I don't think you will be sorry. The only issues I have with it is the seat is a bit hard (I bought a gel seat for about 20 bucks) and the fenders are a little flimsy (I have to keep tightening them up). Other than that That's the only problem I have with the MD. If I had it to do over again I would still buy it. It's a good bike.

Thanks for the compliment Dave. And thanks for the links about the front fender. Makes me shaky inside just thinking about how much my front fender has been rattling over the past couple of days and I didn't do anything about it. I won't ride it again unless it's tightened down or removed. If the thing keeps vibrating loose, I will just take it off and be done with it. Shame though because I like the looks of the fenders.

Back