My First Build - Ebay Kit - 3hrs

I have very little mechanical knowledge and decided id attempt a motorised build just as a way to enter my new found interest for motorcycles, I'd say it was a success with this eBay kit "$119" and a Kmart bike "$89"
It starts and idles.. been ridden a few times up the laneway but could use fine tuning on the carb and getting the sprocket true
Im really open to constructive criticism and tips on what to do next time :) Although I am about to go through this forum and take in a huge amount of information haha
47193954_272584770115964_9036694753667710976_n.jpg

47173807_434664997066899_6345534242461581312_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum!! You will find this hobby will quickly go from passion to obsession. There are so many upgrades to be done, either on the engine or bike side, all of which you will crave like a drug. Wait till you find out you can run power through your bicycle gears lol. Read as much as you can, use the search function on here and ask when you can't find a sufficient answer, we have lots of helpful folks here that love the smell of nitromethane.

short clip of my bike running after it first started :p

https://streamable.com/fi4eu
It sounds like you are 4 stroking when you open up your throttle from running too rich a main jet. Either make the engine breath better by a free flowing air filter and exhaust or get a smaller main jet. You'll notice greater acceleration and top speed once your bike is tuned correct. Wait till after your break in period of course, better to run a new engine a little rich.

It sounds like you are 4 stroking when you open up your throttle from running too rich a main jet. Either make the engine breath better by a free flowing air filter and exhaust or get a smaller main jet. You'll notice greater acceleration and top speed once your bike is tuned correct. Wait till after your break in period of course, better to run a new engine a little rich.
thanks for the tips man, I just realised that I forgot to clean the tank out.. I coated it with some WD40 to protect it from rust while it sat there for a few months so I'll probably have to remove it and clean it out but then I'll probably end up using a cheap tank liner kit as well

I miss the days when i didn't know anything and the excitement i had the kit all together and the first rides, , the newness and excitement even it wasn't broke in it ran well and I could go everywhere not pedaling lol.
hope you have 100s miles of fun and be safe, , glad to have you aboard

Welcome to the forum!! You will find this hobby will quickly go from passion to obsession. There are so many upgrades to be done, either on the engine or bike side, all of which you will crave like a drug. Wait till you find out you can run power through your bicycle gears lol. Read as much as you can, use the search function on here and ask when you can't find a sufficient answer, we have lots of helpful folks here that love the smell of nitromethane.

You can run power through your bicycle gears?

Back