My First Build Isn't Going As Expected

Yeah, I wasn't expecting oil in it from the factory. So filled it with oil and found it was extremely overful. So I drained all of it and tried again. All before the first start.

Where do you guys buy parts from?

What's the benefit of the included chrome exhaust pipe? I was about to install it when I realized the engine comes with an exhaust. I figured I could always install it later.

What's the benefit of the included chrome exhaust pipe? I was about to install it when I realized the engine comes with an exhaust. I figured I could always install it later.
A slight amount of scavenging and better flow if you drill a few 1/4" holes in the end cap.

Is the exuast pipe a noticeable performance or lower noise improvement over the stock exhaust? I ask, because I think it has a bit too much "look at me" for my taste. That said, if it's a noticeable improvement for performance or noise, I'll use it.

Also, I've been told the kit transmission is "hot garbage". Do any of you have suggestions for a solid but reasonably priced tranny? Bonus if it has a cvt, gears or at least a higher gear ratio than the kit tranny. As it stands, I top out around 23mph. All the roads near me are 30mph speed limits with everyone doing 40. I'd at least like to be able to cruise near 30 as to avoid being a traffic hazard.

Grubee belt drive is the way to go, but they're not exactly cheap. Dead reliable and overbuilt, though. The ratio is slightly higher than the kit transmission, but you still have hill climbing capability.

The best use for the chrome sausage is to cut off the muffler and use the pipe as a starting point for a custom-fit exhaust.

Again agree with Old Busted on the best trans, and on building a pipe. Disagree on the not exactly cheap. Sick bike parts has them on sale for 69.00. That's cheap. You have to have the taper shaft engine to use it though so if yours is a straight shaft then,yes expensive but worth it. Also I answered 1 of your questions about the pipe 12 mins before you asked it again, and Dan showed you the site for sick bike parts who carry the trans. 4 hrs. before you asked about it. If your asking questions you could at least research the answers. You probably don't deserve any of this, but f*** I've got a hang over.

I appreciate your help guys. Sorry I didn't understand your answers about the exhaust and what exactly the benefits are. I searched the sites, but there's a lot to pick from. My bad. I'll try to research more and ask less. Something I failed at miserably when I ordered the stuff I have now.

Ask any ? you want anytime you want. Only stupid ? is one not asked.

I appreciate your help guys. Sorry I didn't understand your answers about the exhaust and what exactly the benefits are. I searched the sites, but there's a lot to pick from. My bad. I'll try to research more and ask less. Something I failed at miserably when I ordered the stuff I have now.
Darwin's right keep asking.

Back