My first build Jet 80 on a Schwinn Landmark

Got both my PK Jet 80 from zoom cycles and My Schwinn landmark dropped off by ups today.
Plans are to drop the seat down and back along with a different style handlebar.
I'll post more pics as I go.

After a few minutes I got this far. (which more or lest was a test fit)

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,293
May I suggest a flat plat mounted with bolts through your was front mount stud holes then a muffler clamp w/saddle(1 1/2") on top inbetween the flat stock(plate) and the frame with the Ubolt of the muffler clamp coming up to go around the frame then up through the saddle then throung the flat plate then nut the two ends after they are pounded up through. Best drilless method I've used.

I think the Landmark is similar to the Point Beach,but without the aluminum frame,fenders and rack.

May I suggest a flat plat mounted with bolts through your was front mount stud holes then a muffler clamp w/saddle(1 1/2") on top inbetween the flat stock(plate) and the frame with the Ubolt of the muffler clamp coming up to go around the frame then up through the saddle then throung the flat plate then nut the two ends after they are pounded up through. Best drilless method I've used.

That's kinda what I got planned. I saw in one post where a guy slid some rubber hose over the "U" of the clamp to protect the frame and help with a little bit of viberation.

Looks good so far, I like the color of the bike. Hope you plan on matching the tank to the frame. Will make a nice build!

It looks like added a larger seat would make it pop. For some reason the seat just looks to small to me.

Yeah, gonna paint the tank metallic copper to match. In the process of making a front motor mount right now.

Here's how far I made it today..
Pretty much just mock up. Got the front mount made with a muffler clamp and seems to work well.
Gotta figure out how to tame all those cables too.:confused:

Just how does the rear sproket install?
I was going by http://www.chrishill.myknet.org/Sprocket installation.htm
and that shows the spokes sandwitched between the 2 rubbers and it seems to want to distort the spokes when mounted.
The manual that came with my kit shows the spokes between the gear and the 2 rubbers stacked apon one another.

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 639
Here's how far I made it today..
Pretty much just mock up. Got the front mount made with a muffler clamp and seems to work well.
Gotta figure out how to tame all those cables too.:confused:

Just how does the rear sproket install?
I was going by http://www.chrishill.myknet.org/Sprocket installation.htm
and that shows the spokes sandwitched between the 2 rubbers and it seems to want to distort the spokes when mounted.
The manual that came with my kit shows the spokes between the gear and the 2 rubbers stacked apon one another.

Trial and error in mounting the rear sprocket...

You may have to use both, or may only use one, all depends on the allignment of the front and rear sprocket.

Smallblock You mention the cables, the worst thing you can do is restrict them by clamping them to the frame and other parts of the bike. In motorcycle racing I learned the cables should have very little bending for the sake of a better look. The less resistance the better, if you tie them with sharp bends then you will have more friction and more stress on the cable ends where there connected. Try not to make tight turns or bends when routing any cable.

Back