My First Build: T-belt/10T sprocket question

travboat

Local time
9:30 AM
After a bunch of reading (a lot from this forum) I caved and bought a 4-stroke HS kit with a T-Belt drive last week. I'm really excited about it! It's been really interesting and fun putting this thing together, but also a bit frustrating.

The engine mount was missing a bolt, so I had to make a trip to buy some new tools from Harbor Freight (torque wrench :D). Turns out my Walmart doesn't sell Loctite Blue, so I had to make a special trip to the hardware store for that one, too. Today, I found out the engine mount needs to be filed down a bit because the bolts that control the slider adjustment don't fit by a few tenths on just one part; now I need a file. I had fun fabricating a piece of steel to act as a spacer as well because the rear sprocket was just a little too big.

Anyhow, the only pressing issue that I seem to have is that the sprocket on the t-belt drive seems to have a slight wobble to it, maybe 1/8th to 1/4th inch. Is there a easy way to adjust that? It's always possible that the hole was drilled/tapped at a slight angle. Is this anything to be concerned about? I figure it should have a little bit of play, but I don't know.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer, I appreciate the help. I've searched all over and all I can find is threads regarding the alignment of the rear sprocket; my rear sprocket hardly has any wobble at all.

Back