My first build

pay attention to the instructions in my signature, if you do, it works...i tried to cover everything. size matters...we allow up to (and prefer) a pre-sized 1024 X 768 (or 2M) .jpg

hope this helps...feel free to start a new gallery when you've got it figured out :)

to everyone: we have some great people here, and some very experienced forum-folks to boot...as you've noticed, some of the galleries and other posts here are really sweet. if y'all were to go to the "forum help" area, start a topic about "how do i...?" and ask some of the better posters for tips, i bet they'd be glad to help :)

i wanna see the bike :D

Hope this works...

Finally, I figured out how to resize the ****ed picture! Frustrating!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0001-1.JPG
    IMG_0001-1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 383
Very nice bike! Looks like a clean installation, which kit did you use and did you run into any problems?

I bought a 48cc kit off of ebay. It cost me $170 including shipping. The bike, I found on Craigslist for $70.

I did encounter problems. I am not what you'd consider to be a mechanic. but I do enjoy tinkering and learning as I go. My first problem was that the sprocket hole was undersized. I had to look up a machinist through a buddy to enlarge it. I also under tightened the chain tensioner and that caused it to turn into my spokes during a test run. I had to pay to have the rear wheel trued. Now I just need to fine tune the carb a little and I should be good to go. I am looking forward to taking it on a 10 mile or so ride!

What u did looks very good,i can understand u being proud as punch of your new "baby"...happy motoring man.
Something though that i don't understand...your engine looks like a 2nd generation Happy Time with that rear angled sparkplug....is it???
IF it's 2nd gen it's also got the intake manifold between the carb and engine....i didn't think 2nd gens had intake manifolds.
Confusing,so many different factories and so many different kits. :confused:

To be honest, I don't even know the name of the engine manufacturer. I just did some ebay pricing and this is what I ended up with. So far-I'm pretty pleased over all. Thanks.

Back