My first E Bike project.

Hi Pedalman,
It will be made up out of flat panels but instead of bends it will be a series of facets. That is, a 90 deg bend would be done as two 45 deg. A little bit like the YF117 Steath aircraft.

Cheers BJ

Hi Guys,
After yet another delay, work has resumed on the E Bike (too many hobbies). The guards are almost finished and the LiPos will be ordered as they are now back in stock. By the time they get here it will be 'Plug and Play' time.

Cheers BJ
IMAG0013.jpgIMAG0014.jpgIMAG0019.jpgIMAG0020.jpg

Looks so nifty, so not homemade...almost forgot about your project, good thing this forum has a email notification. What voltage you running and what lipo's did you order?

Broke my pedal chain on my e-bike, had to fake pedal to bike repair shop, bought a zinc-plated chain(doesn't rust) with a master link that I was able to replace on the road(lucky). Was a wet and rainy day but warm here so all in all was ok.

Hi Pedalman,
I'm running 37 volts and the packs are 5s 8000mah 30C Turnigy from Hobby King. They will be configured as 10s2p to give me 37 volts and 16 amp hours capacity.

Cheers BJ

How did you put 45 deg. bends in the fiberglass sheet without cracking the fiberglass? Forgive my ignorance as I don't have a lot of fiberglass knowledge.

I'm thinking a jig of some kind? Softening fiberglass with some chemical maybe?

How did you put 45 deg. bends in the fiberglass sheet without cracking the fiberglass? Forgive my ignorance as I don't have a lot of fiberglass knowledge.

I'm thinking a jig of some kind? Softening fiberglass with some chemical maybe?

Hi Pedalman,
There are actually no bends, it is made up of individual pieces taped together and then tacked with thin super glue. The joins were then beefed up from behind with strips of fibre glass cloth and epoxy resin. The two dark stripes are carbon fibre to help make the structure more rigid.

Cheers BJ

Hello BJ,
Thanks for replying, the photos make it look as if there are bends there,thanks for the clarification.

I looked at HK online catalog and couldn't find Turnigy C90100-130 outrunner motor, has this been discontinued? Or do I look for a different name/number?

Hi Pedalman,
I had a look at the HK site as well and it doesn't appear to be listed anymore. It would be a crying shame if that motor is no longer produced as it was good value for money and good power/size ratio.

Last edited:
Back