My first high... I mean, build

Zak

I've always wanted to try one of these out. A couple months ago I finally made the leap and now I am hooked. Someone mentioned I should post some pictures, and today is a nice day, so...

IMG_20190509_153517.jpg

IMG_20190509_153613.jpg

The seat is off a 1975 JC Penny internal 3 speed roadster.

JerboaJohn

my 1st bike I almost got that Mongoose but instead got Adventures 700c. after I kitted it, It looked almost exactly like yours :)
I decided on the Adventures bcs the cables were black. 2017 mongooses had orange cables and a different kickstand. same price I think,, plus it was black an I wanted dark blue lol. virtually the same bike tho!
I still have the stock crank and handlebars n narrow "pound your ass" seat lol. went thru literally everything to make it long trip worthy. I love it still, but it is a stiff ride esp when you go 26mph. now I have 40c tires it's better but the rigid forks kill me,,

Zak

Yeah I changed the seat after day 1. If I were to change anything on the bike a suspension fork would be first then tires. Today I changed the rear brake pads. Wow what a difference! I drove around town for a couple hours today and the brakes made the ride all the more fun. I checked out your bike, they do look a lot alike. I'm waiting on a chain tensioner. when I get it, ill post pics of my 2nd build.

Zak

Well... today was the first time my bike has let me down. Well besides breaking a couple chains... I drove it to the movie theatre, watched a movie. About a mile from my house ... on the way home I stopped at the dollar store to pick up what I could carry in a bag on my handlebars. Hopped on my bike there and the thing wouldn't start. For the first time since i got it running it didn't start up. I had to peddle home. If i held it wide open, it did start twice but never turned faster than if I was peddling... i only knew it started because when I pulled the clutch lever the engine kept turning over about as fast as it was when I was pedaling... I wonder. Well instead of figuring out how to eat this can of boiled peanuts I guess ill be figuring this thing out.

Zak

Yeah I was planning on my third build to be a 4 stroke. Maybe ill start sooner than I was planning.