My First Month and half...

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
8:22 PM
It has been a fun learning experience! It took me a month to get it going and another week to get it dependable and now I've ridden it to work about 6.5 miles each way the past few days. I'd say I have a good 100 miles on it now. Which has let my balls grow a little and I want a little more power, but that is later...

I'm building a 2nd kit now with the same engine. I actually bought this engine because I thought I ruined my first one when I couldn't get it started. So i got a great deal for a brand new bike on Craigslist and I'm slapping it together.

I have a list of things I'm going to do different this time. What things did you guys do different on your second build or wish you did or even wish you didn't?

Oh man I can imagine the carnage when that comes out and gets wedged in the gears!!!
Yes thats correct but I got lucky and we are still riding after a headache with my gaskets. Nearly blew a gasket myself trying to figure out why my piston rod had magically stretched overnight. It hadn't but when your tired it seems like that :D
Have a slightly bent output shaft but thats all really.
New engine soon though so I will be buying nappies for it and a pram.
Put it this way, nothing beats the tinkering and figuring out some problems then riding knowing you have got it all going!
This engine is now the bash engine and can be pushed to the max for fun.
Good times.

oh I took a total different direction on my 2nd bike. went 4 stroke, heavy strong forks and hubs, bulletproof manual clutch, fat tires and tubes bcs I want a quieter and comfy ride I don't have to fuss over every time I take it out. the china girl still interests me bcs they are light and more power from them is easy enough and relatively cheap if you DIY. so simple,, #2 still in progress, #3 is in planning phase, another CG but more than 48cc's

I miss my first build. It was 2 years old and on it's 3rd engine in this pic, a couple months later the downtube snapped behind the gooseneck.

I threw the drivetrain on an old Giant MTB sans all the bags, and it was pretty darn quick. I bounced off the side of an SUV a few months later and wrecked the bike. My next build was a slow bike, which I converted to a 4-stroke shifter. Ran it like a truck for 8 years before I decided to build another bike, a dedicated 2-stroke cargo bike because I didn't always need 20lbs of racks, bags and baskets on a longer ride LOL

I've always had pedal bikes as spare errand-runners, but it's really nice to have more than 1 running MaB. I'm looking at building my 3rd (y)

o2 sensor gasket for the exhaust and a CNC Hub Adapter are great upgrades for the bikes

o2 sensor gasket for the exhaust and a CNC Hub Adapter are great upgrades for the bikes
I'm still trying to figure out where to mount my muffler bearings...

I had to edit this: I thought you were being sarcastic as I thought you were telling me to install an O2 sensor. I see now, use the gasket on the exhaust manifold. I will remember that for when mine blows out. Thank you.

Last edited:
oh those r great for optional rack mounted slingshots :ROFLMAO:
but those gaskets r just abt blowout proof and any parts store has em or equivalent

oh I remem in the 1st month, I found like everyone all the bolts in these r junk. that's a good item to upgrade,, to stainless allen head cap bolts

Back