My first motored bike build, huffy parkside comfort bike 7 speed 27.5 dachang wheels.

Time vs money for me. I can drop it all off, get some things done, grab it on the way back home. Spend the $50 ( and whatever my tire and tube is) an be done is how I roll. lol.

I just slap it on the bike, and I'm ready to ride. Why not have them slap a tire and tube on while they got it. I pay the little extra, and just get it done. So I'm not wasting time doing it myself. I live in a big city, plenty of people to do whatever ya want if you ain't got the time, or they can do it for less than what you feel your time is worth.
Had a wheel built around 10 years ago; labor alone was $100. Being on a fixed income and disabled, I have more time than money. Heart issues means I have to keep stress as low as possible.

Time vs money for me. I can drop it all off, get some things done, grab it on the way back home. Spend the $50 ( and whatever my tire and tube is) an be done is how I roll. lol.

I just slap it on the bike, and I'm ready to ride. Why not have them slap a tire and tube on while they got it. I pay the little extra, and just get it done. So I'm not wasting time doing it myself. I live in a big city, plenty of people to do whatever ya want if you ain't got the time, or they can do it for less than what you feel your time is worth.
I get that but I'm cheap and being this is what I do, when I need it I do it and yeah here a custom wheel build with parts and labor for what i want is around 250 a wheel I save easy 100 each and they don't take me that long couple hours if uninterrupted.

Had a wheel built around 10 years ago; labor alone was $100. Being on a fixed income and disabled, I have more time than money. Heart issues means I have to keep stress as low as possible.
I get that but I'm cheap and being this is what I do, when I need it I do it and yeah here a custom wheel build with parts and labor for what i want is around 250 a wheel I save easy 100 each and they don't take me that long couple hours if uninterrupted.

At those prices, yeah I'd build my own too!! Sheesh, highway robber men attacking the wallet!!!

I just Tell 'em I'm building a motorized bike and they lace me up and true for around $50. Another $50 or so for a good tire and tube, I could spend more, but they have pretty good tires at that price. Around $110, and a few less greys wondering if I got the right hole. lol ;);)

All of this is with my spokes, hub, and rim or course. And if I get the wrong size spokes, we just swap out and they keep my new spokes and use theirs. Big city advantage I guess.

Back