My first motored bike.

KiDD

Local time
4:16 AM
I was thinking of getting a Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser and slapping a DAX 65 into it.
Anyone else have this setup? Any foreseeable problems? I notice it doesn't have any hand brakes, so I assume it uses a coaster brake? How would I upgrade that to a better brake type? I would really prefer getting a 4stroke GXH50 mounted, but I am having trouble locating a mounting kit. If you know where to get one please let me know.

PS. Due to all the negative things I have read about the Crapbroke bike (poor coaster brake?) I am going to look for a different cruiser at my local thrift stores and stuff, if you have a suggestion for a relatively cheap cruiser please let it be know. I want to be able to supplement my motor power with some pedal power so a multi speed bike would be ideal, right?

Last edited:
A lot of people have used those Cruisers. They're not bad at all, and if you're looking at going cheap, you could do worse. Certainly invest in a front brake, though. Coaster brakes alone won't cut it.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble with the Huffy and i don't know your budget,but since your talking about a GXH50 i'm assuming u want to keep the same excellent theme going.
Be advised the Huffy is cheap...it has the cheapest of everything on it and your likely to run into problems with breakages...it can't take the power.
Mounting kits are everywhere but i've never seen a COMPLETE kit with a genuine Honda engine.If u specifically want the Honda engine(which i did) get it from Staton and a Grubee kit elsewhere....good luck. :)
http://www.staton-inc.com/Results1.asp?Category=13
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4stroke-engine-kits-c-2.html?osCsid=045e4e5d1558fcf5ab1bd8615008e9a3

Since I'm selling my car I and plan on using my motoredbike as my primary mode of transportation, money really isn't an issue. I NEED something reliable, so I am willing to pay for it.

Go for something pretty good then....choose what kinda bike suits u and your riding style,remember the more u pay the better the quality(unless u see something excellent second hand)
I'm assuming your doing a frame mount...have u decided absolutely on an engine?

moped

Since I'm selling my car I and plan on using my motoredbike as my primary mode of transportation, money really isn't an issue. I NEED something reliable, so I am willing to pay for it.

If money isn't an issue , just get a good moped, they are more dependable, reliable and at the most, they are legal..

Back