my first motorized bicycle

I put a Staton 35cc Honda friction drive on my 1981 Schwinn Cruiser 5 and I call her the "Super Cruiser".
The Staton product works perfect and with over 250 miles on her I haven't had a single problem with either the drive or engine.
Adding the center stand was essential and after removing a retaining pin I was able to remove the arm from the captive kick-stand so it fit right where it belongs. Since the stock tank is only 24 oz. there's a 33 oz. MSR bottle in the saddle-bag.
Living and riding near the beach in So Cal there's little problem with water bothering the friction drive. She's got the lowest geared drive (7/8"), pulls away well, and has to top speed of 22 mph. The throttle is turned to the inside and is controlled with the right thumb and heel of the hand. The Cat's Eye speedo keeps me well informed.
Best of all she's street legal! (note the license plate below the engine on the left view.)
Keep you feet on the pedals and the rubber side down.

Attachments

• Super Cruiser MBf left.JPG
    Super Cruiser MBf left.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 634
  • Super Cruiser MBf right.JPG
    Super Cruiser MBf right.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 448
  • Super Cruiser MBf throttle .JPG
    Super Cruiser MBf throttle .JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 356
im not normally a fan of rack mounts, but you pulled it off very well.

great looking bike

I love the rear wheel, did the bike come that way? I need a good brake for my Schwinn. I like the look and the way you put the saddle bag on the left side. If you put one on the right no one would be able to tell how you were moving with-ought pedaling. LOL. Those Honda's are quiet. Advice, change the oil often. Have fun, Dave

You did a great job of that man,looks custom made.
One question...why would u want to license it....doesn't that mean u just have to pay fees?

Back