My first motorized bike, few issues so far

Pretty sure I used the italian equivalent of jbweld
I have used JB Weld on cracked a head It will hold for a little while. Maybe 500 miles if your lucky.
I also had the crack head welded But it cracked again right next to the weld after about 1,000 miles.
So I welded it again and after about 1,000 miles it cracked again right next to the weld. So no sense in trying to weld it a third time.
The only reason I tried to save the head was because it was special and cost me $250

I have used JB Weld on cracked a head It will hold for a little while. Maybe 500 miles if your lucky.
I also had the crack head welded But it cracked again right next to the weld after about 1,000 miles.
So I welded it again and after about 1,000 miles it cracked again right next to the weld. So no sense in trying to weld it a third time.
The only reason I tried to save the head was because it was special and cost me $250
What if I were to weld the head just for the memes? What material is it made of? I'm garbage at welding and this could be an excuse at practicing a skill I'm lacking

What if I were to weld the head just for the memes? What material is it made of? I'm garbage at welding and this could be an excuse at practicing a skill I'm lacking
The Head is aluminum.

in order to re-use them, you'd heat them up with a toarch until they are cherry red. Can you do this with alluminium?
Yes you can but ya run a risk of burning through the aluminum. I've never anealed aluminum gaskets before. They say to mark up the surface of the gasket with a black sharpie pen. When the black marks disappear the gasket is hot enough

I'll give that a shot, I've sealed all of my engine, just gotta wait for the stuff to dry, probably gonna take 2-3 days with this humidity

Back