My first motorized bike, few issues so far

Don't worry about if it's stripped or not, just as long as you put a hole through the arm/old screw that the cable will fit through then put one of those cable locks on the outside.
OK I will, before that tho, since it took me a lot of time to figure out the right clutch cable/flower nut combo, because I was trying to get it as grabby as I can with as little drag as possible...

Can I just tighten the flower nut (that's basically what the preload does exepct it doesn't make it drag when you pull the clutch in correct?) and try if it will still slip/make the noise? That way the clutch will not slip for sure (obviously the clutch will drag a lot but this is just for testing) and if the noise continues then my issue lies somewhere else?

How did this happen? Too tight head bolds?

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_164333.jpg
    IMG_20201114_164333.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20201114_164338.jpg
    IMG_20201114_164338.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 201
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
OK so I fixed it with some epoxy and it doesn't leak anymore, just a temporary fix till I get the new one.

However I found another leak, it's from the aluminium gasket that sits between the Cylindwr and the cylinder head. How can I fix it?
The head is probably warped, get a piece of glass and a sheet of 120 grit sandpaper. Place the sandpaper on the sheet of glass and sand the down side of the head on top, make a couple circles with the head and check your sanding mark. You'll be able to tell easily if the head is warped.

Do the same for the cylinder top so the head seals. Use a copper gasket. Aluminum is good for one time only.

Back