My first motorized bike, few issues so far

Likely
I can't find a copper gasket anywhere
[/QUOT
here click link

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I know, that's the American amazon tho. I'm from the eu
Your other option is to go to the hardware store and look in their siding, flashing department and see if they have some copper on a roll. then just trace the one you have and cut it out.

Your other option is to go to the hardware store and look in their siding, flashing department and see if they have some copper on a roll. then just trace the one you have and cut it out.
Is it my only option? I just think it will be hard to cut that piece of copper, what about sealing the block with a high temperature seleant?

Even the best high tempature sealants cannot withstand temperature that occur around the combustion chamber and exhaust manifold.

HVAC or also know as Aluminum tape can work in a pinch. Did this on the side of the road a couple times before and flabbergasted one guy watching from a coffee shop thinking it would never work. Would stick a square cut out from a roll and carefully place it on the cylinder avoiding wrinkles. Then I would cut out the stud holes and around the bore with a 48mm circle precut out as a template. Then would continue building layers, get a good 6-8 of them and then reinstall the head normally. Works for a good 50 miles at a time if your already running right. Any other airleaks or lean temps would quickly cause it to break.

Now I just ride with extra parts and have plenty on hand.
My ducati monster has seleant around its cylinder ....

Your gonna order a new head so order some copper head gaskets. The epoxy you used on your cracked head ain't gonna work anyways

Never use gasket maker for a head gasket

Your gonna order a new head so order some copper head gaskets. The epoxy you used on your cracked head ain't gonna work anyways

Never use gasket maker for a head gasket
Oh. I'm not planning to use a gasket maker, I'm gonna use the alluminium one and put seleant around it like on my monster

Oh. I'm not planning to use a gasket maker, I'm gonna use the alluminium one and put seleant around it like on my monster

OK, use Permatex copper spray
Spray it on both sides of your aluminum gasket.

Back