My first motorized bike, few issues so far

.005" copper sheet ya can probably use scissors and a hole punch to make a head gasket. I think ya can cut .005" with a Razor Knife.

If your trying to cut typical roof flashing .016" to .020" No way will scissors cut it clean enough to make a head gasket.

I make head gaskets out of .016" roof flashing for my 4 stroke Whizzer Motorbike. It's easy for me but not as easy as ya think.
This is the way I make em with basic hand tools. They come out nice and clean.

Last edited:
Making 2 stroke copper head gaskets would be alot easier than making 4 stroke copper head gaskets
Set up with wood the way I explained and use some of my methods
1) Drill cylinder hole with correct size hole saw
2) Drill bolt holes
3) Cut perimeter
4) Sand & finish
5) Done

Making 2 stroke copper head gaskets would be alot easier than making 4 stroke copper head gaskets
Set up with wood the way I explained and use some of my methods
1) Drill cylinder hole with correct size hole saw
2) Drill bolt holes
3) Cut perimeter
4) Sand & finish
5) Done
OK thanks everyone, I will go to the hardwere store when I can and see if they have copper sheets.

Should i sand the cylinder and the cylinder head. Down anyways just to make sure it's making contact well?

Also, how many PSI are our engines supposed to have stock? I might find a friend who has a compression tester and check

This is getting so frustrating! I called up 2 of the biggest hardwere stores in my city and they don't have them!

Is there a way to make the alluminium one work? I remember with copper and brake lines, you'd have copper washers where brake lines are bolted on to the master (im talking about motorcycles) and in order to re-use them, you'd heat them up with a toarch until they are cherry red. Can you do this with alluminium?

I just need something temporary until I get the cap for the cylinder, only place I could find it was aliexpress and it takes a while to deliver especally during covid. At least a month likely more.

Even the best high tempature sealants cannot withstand temperature that occur around the combustion chamber and exhaust manifold.

HVAC or also know as Aluminum tape can work in a pinch. Did this on the side of the road a couple times before and flabbergasted one guy watching from a coffee shop thinking it would never work. Would stick a square cut out from a roll and carefully place it on the cylinder avoiding wrinkles. Then I would cut out the stud holes and around the bore with a 48mm circle precut out as a template. Then would continue building layers, get a good 6-8 of them and then reinstall the head normally. Works for a good 50 miles at a time if your already running right. Any other airleaks or lean temps would quickly cause it to break.

Now I just ride with extra parts and have plenty on hand.
BTW believe or not sometimes you can actually pull it off.

I saw engine cracks repaired with epoxy on dirt bikes and it actually holds! Not sure about the epoxy I used as it's only up to 150c so it's probably gonna crack or melt when the engine gets really hot, but hey it's worth the try while. I'm. Waiting.

Datboi, Where are you from ?. I bought a 10 pack of head gaskets. I can mail you 5 of them if you want them (y)

Datboi, Where are you from ?. I bought a 10 pack of head gaskets. I can mail you 5 of them if you want them (y)
I'm Italian, if you're from the USA shipping will be hella Expensive :( probably the price of a engine rebuild lol. honestly I have no idea why its so hard to find here, probably because motorized bicycles are illegal and no one has them, I ride mine in the mountains for that reason, if the popò pulls up I can just drive off in the woods...

Im also looking for a very big big sprocket because I need torque

I'm honestly amazed aliexpress doesn't have them, usually they literally have everything

Shipping...$1.20 If you want them ?. PM me your address and I'll send them out
fY9wEq-AQiGTTdoKsCR60w.png

Back