My First Motorized Bike

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,863
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 240
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You could be going lean at top speed, they call it something? But instead of 4 stroking your actually going lean. Some of the others might chime in, I'm new to these 2 strokes as well.
It's called a lean surge. It's very close in feel to 4 stroking. An you should be 4 stroking at WOT on flat land, if you aren't then you're to lean. If you aren't, when you hit wind or grades, your engine is now running lean and mean. Feels great, till its time to pay the price.

what you are calling a rev limiter is the harmonics of the engine breaking down. It is no longer in resonance, notice how her song changes.
so basically it's okay?
Karl, he is using a 68 jet right now and needle valve is 2nd notch from the top at this moment....That exhaust system is not stock and needs "tuning" for that particular exhaust i think.

so basically it's okay?
Yeah, you want a little 4 stroke at the top, when on flat land. Now if you're in a strong head wind ( 20 mph plus) or tackling a huge hill, it shouldn't 4 stroke. unless you have it in the wrong gear for the grade, since you are jack shafted. What you are feeling at the top is the pipe petering out, and the harmonics going all outta whack.

Back