My First Motorized Bike

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,866
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 241
it is NOT jackshafted Karl...lol.
Then you definitely want 4 stroking on the top on flat land. lol. Single speed works harder and needs more fuel and oil to keep cool. Jackshaft bikes engines lead a pretty easy life compared to a single speed.

@DAMIEN1307 Yuck is who I was thinking of. lol

Are you sure 4-stroking is good? all performance motors I've heard dont four stroke at WOT

so basically it's okay?
Yeah, you want a little 4 stroke at the top, when on flat land. Now if you're in a strong head wind ( 20 mph plus) or tackling a huge hill, it shouldn't 4 stroke. unless you have it in the wrong gear for the grade, since you are jack shafted. What you are feeling at the top is the pipe petering out, and the harmonics going all outta whack.
Are you sure 4-stroking is good? all performance motors I've heard dont four stroke at WOT

OK Karl...now that you know its not jackshafted and when you stop trying to multi-task...lol...Will you please give the kid a clear answer to his question...lol...Without the jackshaft this time...lol.

Are you racing? Have no problem with a motor lasting only 200 miles?

You want some 4 stroking up top on flat land if you answered no to those.

well ok I guess no one wants it, but it's a needed effect of proper tuning on a 2 stroke engine meant for fun or commuting. You tune differently for a race engine. They get rebuilt after each race or two though.

In other words, Karl is saying that 4 stroking at the very top end of your speed is desirable because it is firing every other stroke now leaving some extra lubricating oil behind so you dont burn out the motor at high speed.
And taking a large amount of heat with it when it skips a beat.

WOT loaded no WOT unloaded YES! Then depending on if your pipe actually works and in the right range your over rev won't be so lean you get the strongest effect from the overfill/supercharging the pipe does before it falls off.

Back