My First Motorized Bike

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,841
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 238
WOT loaded no WOT unloaded YES! Then depending on if your pipe actually works and in the right range your over rev won't be so lean you get the strongest effect from the overfill/supercharging the pipe does before it falls off.
Well it only happens if there's no load on the bike. So for example, if I'm getting up to speed, it 2-strokes normally and very smoothly, but once I reach the 40s, it four strokes and maintains that speed.

Well it only happens if there's no load on the bike. So for example, if I'm getting up to speed, it 2-strokes normally and very smoothly, but once I reach the 40s, it four strokes and maintains that speed.
That is the max rpm for that engine, to get higher rpm the timing needs adjusting.

I'd be interested in seeing the plug color after riding it for 5 minutes like that.

You should be tuned pretty good then. With winter coming some of that will go away. But yeah on top with no load it will 4 stroke when properly tuned. When cruising you can always back off a bit and let it hold a load to stop the 4 stroking. I mean we don't have to race em all the time. I happily cruise at 20-25mph. My bikes are all for fun. I'm not in any hurry to get somewhere.

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!
How did you fit the disc brake and the sprocket on the rear? I barely have enough room to fit just the sprocket and I had to use screws with a smaller head so they wouldn't clip the dropout. I even left it jacked open for a day with some threaded rod and coupling nuts to open up that space more but it just springs back together

I don't recommend this method on an aluminum frame because it would probably crack and break, but this is what i did on my Steel Frame bike.

On my bike, (steel frame), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

How did you fit the disc brake and the sprocket on the rear? I barely have enough room to fit just the sprocket and I had to use screws with a smaller head so they wouldn't clip the dropout. I even left it jacked open for a day with some threaded rod and coupling nuts to open up that space more but it just springs back together
I don't even use the rear disc brake anymore...I took it off because the force of the brakes was bending the dropouts and it jeopardized the safety of the bike...I may stick weld some extra steel onto it in the future but for now im running only front brakes...I'm not sure why the front brake dropouts are not bending as much.

I don't even use the rear disc brake anymore...I took it off because the force of the brakes was bending the dropouts and it jeopardized the safety of the bike...I may stick weld some extra steel onto it in the future but for now im running only front brakes...I'm not sure why the front brake dropouts are not bending as much.
There's a reason for having 2 brakes; in case one fails.

That was my dilemma, I was going to do similar to Damien but I know I'd have to stretch it pretty far to also accommodate the brake bracket, spacer axle nut, rotor and rotor spacer, I'd estimate almost an inch if not a little more. The dropouts don't seem to bend very much. Maybe a torch could help bend the frame a bit? The dropouts don't really have anything but the weld to bend on so that's out

Back