My First Motorized Bike

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,866
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 241
That was my dilemma, I was going to do similar to Damien but I know I'd have to stretch it pretty far to also accommodate the brake bracket, spacer axle nut, rotor and rotor spacer, I'd estimate almost an inch if not a little more. The dropouts don't seem to bend very much. Maybe a torch could help bend the frame a bit? The dropouts don't really have anything but the weld to bend on so that's out
Don't use a torch. An inch will really be pushing it. Get another frame with a wider spread. Use one these to spread it with.

half-inch-x-6-inch-jaw-jaw-turnbuckle.jpg

That was my dilemma, I was going to do similar to Damien but I know I'd have to stretch it pretty far to also accommodate the brake bracket, spacer axle nut, rotor and rotor spacer, I'd estimate almost an inch if not a little more. The dropouts don't seem to bend very much. Maybe a torch could help bend the frame a bit? The dropouts don't really have anything but the weld to bend on so that's out
You must have an aluminum frame, they don't take to stretching at all. Try sticking a magnet on it.

You must have an aluminum frame, they don't take to stretching at all. Try sticking a magnet on it.
It's a steel frame. Same as the one here. I didn't mean to hijack this guy's build but I figured since he had the same bike he'd run into the same issue and it looks like he did and had to revert to how I have mine now

It's a steel frame. Same as the one here. I didn't mean to hijack this guy's build but I figured since he had the same bike he'd run into the same issue and it looks like he did and had to revert to how I have mine now
This was one of the main reasons why I used the Hyper Beach Cruiser frame for my present build...A meatier frame to work with...below is a link to everything I used to build it as well as links to the parts i used and how i built it with links leading to other links to co-ordinate all together in hopes it can be of help to others...DAMIEN

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-26-Men-s-Beach-Cruiser-Bike/299035532

Back