My First Motorized Bike

Hi all, some of you have probably seen me floating around the forums a bit, and to all who have helped me in my venture (special shout-out to DAMIEN1307) thank you so so much, I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without y’alls help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,863
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 240
Looks good! Welcome to forum, I've seen you lurking around here for a while.

Not to mention when I hit an average of 40-45 mph (my top speed) I four stroke like crazy, like I hit some sort of rev limiter.
I'm running a 68 jet, but in all other RPM ranges it has great throttle response and 2-strokes normally, so it's obviously extremely close to the right jet...should I go for a 67 or 66 jet? A 65 was a touch too lean and didn't give me a strong enough charge

You could be going lean at top speed, they call it something? But instead of 4 stroking your actually going lean. Some of the others might chime in, I'm new to these 2 strokes as well.

You could be going lean at top speed, they call it something? But instead of 4 stroking your actually going lean. Some of the others might chime in, I'm new to these 2 strokes as well.
It sounds like it's misfiring at full speed, it's kinda weird, but it's definitely 4 stroking. I don't think it's a lean issue, i think it's just a tad too rich at full throttle. I'm wondering if adjusting the needle clip will fix the issue instead of the jet.

Back