my first post/motored bike

autobo7

Local time
9:45 PM
Hello all!
I am a college student from Central Pa(not PSU). Although I have been a road bicycle rider(1991 bianchi boardwalk) for a long time, I recently ran across one of those kits on Ebay and I couldn't help myself. Seeing the obvious MPG advantages and thinking only of my financial future(Sarcasm), I turned my nice LIGHT road bike into a motorized cruiser, after making my road bike very heavy and not very practical, I bought an old 70's Schwinn cruiser style bike and moved the engine to that.

I also found out the hard way that the russian style clutch levers are worthless and that a 36 tooth sprocket really adds some excitement to the ride.:D During all of this, this forum was an invaluable source of information to me.

So here I am!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant! great to have you on board! I can see you are going to fit right in, and already have quite a head start. Got any pics of your ride? look forward to having a look.
See you around
Fastboy

Those Suburbians with the skinny tires,you must be FLYING on your bike!

WELCOME to MBc!

Yeah have the 1'1/4 profiles tire on its so it moves pretty quick, i should probably replace them the are the original that came with the bike!

Back